Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Line Question

Has anybody used the Bass Pro Offshore Angler Tight Line brand of line? I have noticed you get several more yards of line than the Crapie Maxx line and it's cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

There probably made in the same factory in China.
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butlerrd View Post
    Has anybody used the Bass Pro Offshore Angler Tight Line brand of line? I have noticed you get several more yards of line than the Crapie Maxx line and it's cheaper.
    I'd compare yards/price against Vicious Panfish Copoly line if it were me. A 1/4lb spool of Vicious line is about $8 (the number of yds depends on the pound test). And it's American Made. Plus you can order it from one of our members : Monk's Crappie :: MonksCrappie.com :: VICIOUS PANFISH LINE HI VIS YELLOW

(& DB4D is correct ... both BPS & Crappie Maxx lines are made in China)

... cp

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using it for about 7 or 8 years and have it in 4 thru 10lb size. Works as good for me as any other brand has. Been through 3 spools of 4 lb, mostly lost by hanging in a snag or spooling friends reels for them to try. Good stuff.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I use it on all my trolling rods. Tried ghe crappiemax and like the offshore angler better. Doesnt seem to be the same line. The cralliemax has more memory and breaks easier. Least thats my experience with em.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Vicious for several years very happy with it exceptthey advertised a sale on it and when I went to their site I could not get thru, really bummed me out as it was a good sale price.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER