Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville fee changes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville fee changes?

Just picked up my season pass today for Smithville and noticed they now have a hang-tag system. Sounds like the 'free launch if you get there before the attendant shows' method will be a thing of the past. I assume they will check the vehicles in the lots for hang-tags and ticket those who don't pay? I always got the season pass the last several years, so I can't say I'm sad to see this change. I was told they have been giving warnings this past winter, but I bet there will be a few people in for a rude awakening. I wondered how many people even used those "Honor Boxes" since they couldn't tell the season pass people from the daily pay people. Now they will be able to tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't mind the hang tag. Smithville is a nice lake close to home so it doesn't bother me to pay for yearly pass. Most other lakes in Missouri and Kansas uses hanging tags. I have the federal senior lifetime pass for $10 that lets me park at all Corp of Engineer lakes free!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey maybe the crowds won't be as bad this year then. I do feel if you live in clay county and pay taxes you should get a free pass. And also with this change they better get a marina with food and start doing some upgrades around shortville. Just my thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo View Post
    Hey maybe the crowds won't be as bad this year then. I do feel if you live in clay county and pay taxes you should get a free pass. And also with this change they better get a marina with food and start doing some upgrades around shortville. Just my thoughts
    Hey Lee that's a good idea, just don't let you guys come across the Clinton Co. line.By the way they were ticketing last fall. If you not using the pass you can take it down.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I pull my boat with a horse or bicycle is the ramp free? The trails are?
    Likes springhillwantabe, jigin4abigun LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

How could they ticket people last fall? I had a permit I kept in my wallet to be shown when entering a ramp lot No way for them to know I had that since I didn't give them my license plate number or anything when I bought my yearly permit.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave your right I change my mind any county that touches any part of the lake should be free. Good point. Thanks for keeping me on track

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my pass last Saturday. Didn't like the fact they raised it to $100. Considering I haven't seen any improvements for years. I'm with LeeinMO. Sure would be nice if they could keep a eating establishment at one of the marinas. Maybe they get all those pedestrian trails completed they can fund something.

Post Thanks / Like

The main river is Little Platte River and I live in Platte County. Does that count. Smithville fee changes?
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Bought my season pass a few weeks ago. It was $100 for a season pass with paid property tax receipt. Its already paid for itself. Been fishing 8 times already. I used the honor box a few times. It is funny that they want you to have enough respect to pay if there is no attendent, but if you dont have change and over pay, they will not mail change. Seems kinda ironic. I could care less if they have a place to eat. I usually bring my own food. A fish cleaning station would be nice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast