Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still confused on what we all call types of fishing in our posts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still confused on what we all call types of fishing in our posts

Love this site but I wish we could all call the types of crappie fishing the same names in our posts. May be it is impossible. Here is my terminology and how I do it. Ok, so where is mine wrong? LOL Anyone else struggle with this?

Spider - Rigging: pushing jigs and minnows in front of boat with 1/2 oz or less weight at 0.3 mph

Longlining Jigs: pulling jigs with no added weights behind the boat at 0.8 mph

Longlining Crankbaits: pulling crankbaits with no added weights behind the boat at 1.8 mph

Pushing jigs: spider rigging jigs with large weights in front of boat at 0.8 mph

Pushing crankbaits: spider rigging crankbaits with large weights in front of boat at 1.8 mph
    Likes "G", Brimfisher, crappiehoarder LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can get confusing but I would say you got it. Most of the terms used depends on what part of the country you're in.
    Likes Brimfisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me! I'd say you got it, also.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tncrappiebass View Post
    Love this site but I wish we could all call the types of crappie fishing the same names in our posts. May be it is impossible. Here is my terminology and how I do it. Ok, so where is mine wrong? LOL Anyone else struggle with this?

Spider - Rigging: pushing jigs and minnows in front of boat with 1/2 oz or less weight at 0.3 mph

Longlining Crankbaits: pulling crankbaits with no added weights behind the boat at 1.8 mph

Pushing jigs: spider rigging jigs with large weights in front of boat at 0.8 mph

Pushing crankbaits: spider rigging crankbaits with large weights in front of boat at 1.8 mph

There's also this thing called "casting" which has been working for me for about forty years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tncrappiebass View Post

You forgot "Relaxed" fishing, one or two minnows out under a slip float on a 12' rods around a honey hole and casting a road runner on a 7' UL and just chillin watching the sun come up!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thing is..................its all fishing
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

we do the "pitch" technique ....and then ....SWING batter SWING ....LOL
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes "D", Tony the Tiger, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

best of all is one pole with no hook, a cold brew, and the Eagles thumping in my earbuds. no cleaning whe I get home
    Likes fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

And then there's just drifting along on a warm spring breeze, dragging a couple of jigs. And let's not forget slip bobber fishing!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Brimfisher LIKED above post

Brimfisher is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget, sitting in the boat with Dad or best friend telling stories (lies) and laughing at old stories (lies). Pulling the color off jigs.
    Create Memories Worth Repeating, Go Fishing With Your Dad.
    www.brimfisherjigs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast