Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GOT CRAPPIE??? Elizabeth Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Talking GOT CRAPPIE??? Elizabeth Lake

Ive heard rumor that the crappie are back after the big fish kill from about 3 years ago. Just though Id pass it along. I plan on slinging some crappie come spring. Boat required for the crappie in this lake. They were pretty small but very numberious in the past. Yell if you're going. [email protected]
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Elizabeth lake isnt that in southern cali im up north sacramento anyone fish in this part of town
    but wait there's more

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nor cal

Hey quite taking up my precious elizabeth thread:D !!!
    Actually you have tons of crappie fishing up there.
    clear lake, kaweah, indian valley, the delta, Collins lake.
    those are the ones i know of, Id suggest you start a norcal thread or one for the lake closest to you then someone may ne able to point you in the right direction.

Back to Elizabeth, I saw a post above about contacting DFG about fish with worms. SOme of you posted about worms. I have neve found a worm in my fish but rarely eat fish ever. I have caught bass that had bugs crawling all over the inside of their mouths though. I would receomend if you catch a fish with worms, take a pic and sent it to me and then we can bombard dfg with some complaints and possible get something done.
    Last edited by robbor; 01-28-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Hey you know i have caught a few with worms but none during the cold months only during the summer i wonder if the warm water has something to do with it.
    but wait there's more

Post Thanks / Like

Default probably does

Im sure it does. The bass that I cought was late spring/med summer when there was a huge amounts of grass and algae.
    So what lakes are close pepp?

Post Thanks / Like

(folsm and stoney res) now you have seen a few bass with bugs in the mouth man i bet that made your stomach turn i have yet to see that. any luck on catching any crappie during the winter months if so give me a few tips
    Last edited by pepp1; 01-29-2007 at 01:01 AM.
    but wait there's more

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no tips, I have 2 boats and one is in storage in Loomis and the other by marysville, so I have not been doing much fishing lately with them 600 miles away. Crappie bight light enough during the warm weather but forget winter. Minnows would probably be your best bet. If I were you id concentrate on indian valley or clear lake, really good fishing at both. We hit some crappie at indian about 2 years ago while bass fishing, nothing huge but definately worth looking into, lots of 4-5# bass also. I dont think I have ever fished folsom but a few years back when it almost went dry sure didnt look like there was much crappie type cover. I am planning on going up to pick up a boat here in about 2-3 weeks.Ive bought a few books on crappie but none have really been that helpfull.
    My tips are:
    smaller jigs
    thill MS-2 floats(really show lift bites for beginners)
    want to try crappie fishing with a springbobber
    try to learn adapt and try new things
    I have most luck with my jigs near the bottem and a do a short fast pounding motion then pause during early spring in about 12'. Lots of lift bites, that can be tricky.
    colors white or black variations.
    Shorter ul rods give a little better feel.
    Bigger fish are usually deeper or really tigh to cover.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks i will give it a try this weekend i have another spot that you might want to try whn your up this way in the spring during the spawn its on fire only a few people knw about it cant post the spot but let me knw whn your in the area
    but wait there's more