Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southaven postal hub

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southaven postal hub

Southaven postal hub 38671, where is it located? This is new to me.
    Most package tracking will show "delivered to post office 38672 at whatever time. Then out for delivery.
    The package that's in the mail now shows "delivered to postal hub 38671". Then "delivered to post office 38672" 7 hours later. Then out for delivery 3 hours later.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked my post lady today and a post man tonight about the 38671 hub. They both work out of 38672. Neither knew anything about it, but will ask.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here is the deal. USPS has deals with both UPS and FedEx. A lot of mail is picked up by post office, goes to local USPS hub, then gets shuttled of to one or the other for transit. Then will show up at their hub in a specific zip code. Then it is shuttled back to USPS for delivery.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

38671 is the original Southaven zip.....main street district.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I get packages that are shipped Fedx and UPS that are shuttled to USPS for delivery. The tracking shows it everytime.
    This package and another one today are USPS shipment all the way. They both show Southaven Hub 38671 then Southaven Post Office 38672 a few hours later.

The Southaven Post Office 38671 across from Dale's is closed. Where is it located now? Does the 38672 post office handle all of Southaven's mail?
    A cousin that has lived north of Stateline rd since the house was built still gets some mail addressed to 38116. Students went to Horn Lake, so it should have been Horn Lake 38637.
    Growing up in Whitehaven we were in 38109. A few streets over was 38116, both were in Whitehaven. If mail had the wrong zip it would be a while before someone looked at the map to correct the zip.
    Last edited by canebreaker; 02-17-2016 at 11:28 AM.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is all mail coming into Southhaven goes to a hub where it is sorted and sent out from there to other post offices.......Most everything I get comes to me through the Southhaven hub.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when UPS and FEDEX hand those packages off the USPS. A package can cycle through UPS and FEDEX from across the country in two days, then it gets handed off to the Postal Service in Memphis, and it takes another 4 or 5 days to get to you. Really irritating.
    ジェラルドの天候

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GWDawg1 View Post
    I hate it when UPS and FEDEX hand those packages off the USPS. A package can cycle through UPS and FEDEX from across the country in two days, then it gets handed off to the Postal Service in Memphis, and it takes another 4 or 5 days to get to you. Really irritating.
    Yeh....or longer....They call that SmartMail
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I cringe every time I see Smartmail. Just means yore stuff ain't coming no time soon.
    ジェラルドの天候

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    My understanding is all mail coming into Southhaven goes to a hub where it is sorted and sent out from there to other post offices.......Most everything I get comes to me through the Southhaven hub.
    When did you move to Southaven?
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes canebreaker LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast