Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who has video capture? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who has video capture? ? ?

Does anyone out there have video capture from television???

If so, how much trouble would it be to get a still shot from a TV commercial currently playing on many channels? I am about to bust a gut to get one particular shot.

Please email me if you have the time and the ability.
    Dru
    [email protected]
    Dru Richards :D

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macdru

If so, how much trouble would it be to get a still shot from a TV commercial currently playing on many channels? I am about to bust a gut to get one particular shot.

Dru
    [email protected]
    You can do it with your pc if you have a video capture card or a video capture device. Yellow out from tv to yellow in on capture device. If you have XP, you can use Movie Maker. If not, there are many video capture/edit programs on the market. I use U-Lead Video Studio 10. It is easy to use.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Won't work...

Tom:

I am on a Mac.

Nothing with XP will work here, unless it is made for Mac too.

I want a shot of the Long John Silvers Commercial where the man is standing out on the fishing pier with all the rods sticking up. Another man walks up and asks, "What you going for?" And the guy on the pier replies, "I want it all. . ."

Oh you don't know how bad I want that shot! I don't have any video capture capabilities.

Dru
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love your avatar!

OoooooooooNooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your avatar!!!!!!!!!

Dru

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mac...You must be in the media business. Friend of mine is the editor of the local news paper. They have a house full of Macs. They use Miglia Technology devices for video stuff. You might Google it up and see what they have that fits you needs. What ever plugs into a Mac costs!!!!!

If you have a vcr or dvd, record the commercial and send me the tape/disc. I will do it for you. Well, I have a student that will do it for you. He needs the practice as he is in the media portion of the electronics program.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macdru

Dru
    [email protected]
    I use Hauppauge wintv-pvr
    This is a tv tuner for pc that installs as a pci card....It has audio and video inputs and you can record tv direct to harddrive or dvd.
    Any of the video editing programs will alow you to pull snapshots from your video but the quality will be not be very good basicly because of the low pixel count in video.
    You can also get these tuners in a usb version which my be what you need for your mac?????
    Cane Pole had a device that he mentioned in a post before which converts anolog to digital and uses usb.
    Ken