PDA

View Full Version : Stubby Steves pellets crappie bait

trypman1
02-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Has anyone tried the Stubby Steves line of fish attractants? They make different sizes and styles of fish pellet attractants. There is a lot of hype on this line, just wondering.

M R Dux
02-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Has anyone tried the Stubby Steves line of fish attractants? They make different sizes and styles of fish pellet attractants. There is a lot of hype on this line, just wondering.
I bought several different ones a couple of years ago and put them in a storage compartment in my boat. Soon after they were a big solid chunk of goo. Tossed the whole lot. This was in a boat that was garaged 100% of the time it wasn't on the water.

Slab
02-11-2016, 01:57 PM
It's very good stuff. Kinda like the Gewbers product we developed here. I'm actually in communication with them with a slightly new recipe based on Gewbers which I will hopefully make available here. And it will even have Glitter too, per Crappie Pro! Great people.

trypman1
02-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks, Slab- I hope it works out for you. Let us know. I appreciate the return message.

fishervet
02-11-2016, 05:00 PM
gewbers stay on better than ALL the other nibbles.

Clint
02-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but where can you buy Gewbers?

Slab
02-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but where can you buy Gewbers?

I've not yet re-introduced it. I made it by hand and that was too much for me so I'm working with Stubby Steve to get it re-introduced the right way. It'll be similar to the Stubby Steve product (stays on hook super good too) with a Gewbers influence! lol You can try the Stubby Steve product right now though if you want: Stubby Steve's Store (http://stubbysteves.mybigcommerce.com/)

Tell'em you heard about through Crappie.com. Maybe that'll help us get the Gewbers out quicker! lol Great people there.

trypman1
02-12-2016, 09:31 AM
I sure want to try them, Slab, when they come out! I just ordered a small order from Stubby Steve's!

Stacy4Stubby
04-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon! I think Mr. Moes will be okay with me mentioning our product. :). If the lures get warm they will get soft and mushy. If they are together in a pack they can definitely "stick together". They can loose their shape. The thing is though, some of the active ingredients kind of "come to the surface" if they get warm. Our catfish fishermen tell us the bait works even better when that happens. It's very easy to reshape the pieces or if they are in "glob" you can just pinch off pieces and use them great that way. The shapes of the different lures/bait are really nice but the LONG LASTING SCENT is what really draws those fish in! I wish you could have tried it before throwing the bunch out. If you'll message me your information I'll send you a replacement batch of bait. You'll really be impressed, I think. We're VERY excited to be working with Mr. Moes on his Gewbers bait; he's a great guy. Hopefully, together, we can help you fishermen catch more fish! :). I'd love any photos y'all have taken of nice fish caught with our bait. I'm hoping to go out with Mr. Chauncey crappie fishing sometime again - that was one of the best fishing days I've had!

Sincerely, Stacy
Stubby Steve's
Stubby Steve's is the Ultimate Multi-Species Fishing Lure.... (http://www.stubbysteve.com)

trypman1
04-06-2016, 01:26 PM
I would like to add to this subject, I bought a sample order from Steve @ Stubby Steve's. This is the new product with glitter added. They work fine, I keep in my cooler in a tray, works fine. They work great for Crappie, catfish and a small piece attached to a 1/64oz jig is a killer on Bream & Red ears. Blue Gills go nuts over them. The big difference they last & last. A great solution. I am glad Slab is adding To Crappie.Com Store.

Slab
04-06-2016, 01:39 PM
I forgot about this thread. The Gewbers version is available in the Crappie.co store now:
Gewbers - Crappie Bait/Attractant (http://www.crappiewear.com/Gewbers--Crappie-BaitAttractant_p_77.html)

I love the glitter "worm" version, aka new "Gewbers". It stretches your purchase a long way. You can snip off as small or large a piece as you want to attach to your jig. I like to snip off a little wedge so it's kinda streamlined when you stick it on the hook. And the glitter is a real nice touch. Love the stuff. Stays on all day.

And Stacy, I'm simply Slab, Mr. Moes is way too formal. lol
Thanks for all your support through all this Stacy.

livemusic
04-06-2016, 02:03 PM
What color is good for crappie, bass, bream?

trypman1
04-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Chartruese or green for crappie, I like black or brown for Blue gills and bass.

M R Dux
04-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Sent a PM to Stacy.

chaunc
04-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Anybody watch the video of me catching bluegills using the white pellets, that's posted on their website? Those gills loved that Stubby Steve bait.

Stacy4Stubby
04-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Glad you like them! I'm hoping to go fishing today using them for the first time (with glitter added) myself!!! We'd love to know if anyone has favorite colors you believe the certain fish like the most.... I'm using bright pink today. Happy fishing, y'all!

M R Dux
04-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Anybody watch the video of me catching bluegills using the white pellets, that's posted on their website? Those gills loved that Stubby Steve bait.

Get your butt down here and we'll get after them with the Stubby Steve's I just received from Stacy.

Stacy, thanks for your customer service. I will be using the pellets longlining for the 1st time tomorrow.

Stacy4Stubby
04-14-2016, 12:27 PM
That would be fun "work"! :). Take some photos if you get a chance! Catch some nice ones for me!

chaunc
04-14-2016, 12:35 PM
That would be fun "work"! :). Take some photos if you get a chance! Catch some nice ones for me!
You mean like this.

Stacy4Stubby
04-14-2016, 01:44 PM
You bugger!!!

trypman1
04-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Nice!!