Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent Crappie Masters Show (Ethanol & Crappie Shows in general)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent Crappie Masters Show (Ethanol & Crappie Shows in general)

Just finished watching recent Crappie Masters fishing show. Almost the entire show was dedicated to promoting the use of ethanol. They did catch a few fish that looked to be close to 10 inches. They seemed small but this may be because they were being recorded from another boat.

The purpose of the program seemed to be to clear up the misperceptions many fishermen have about using ethanol in their boats. I got the impression they think today's gas has changed and is causing the problems.

Those of you who are interested in hearing what they have to say about ethanol might want to watch. Would love to hear opinions on both sides as I know what I've been told when I've had my boat in the shop.

The main problem I have is I've watched these shows to see people catch crappie and occasionally learn something that will help me the next time I go fishing.

Crappie Masters would make you think it's a lot like Bassmasters but there is no comparison. I guess because there is so few viewers, there is a lot of time used promoting products, weighing fish, and very little time seeing people catching fish and learning new techniques.

Bill Dance used to be make great shows showing how he caught them. I know there are a few other shows that would be great if they could get enough viewers to make it worthwhile.

We have more than enough outstanding crappie fishermen on this site that could make an outstanding crappie show if a few of them would make just a couple of video's showing different techniques. Hunting shows do this all the time when they have viewers send their home video's and show them.

Maybe then we can get rid of all the promo video's and seeing guys dancing on the front deck of their boat. I know I'm venting but somethings wrong when we can't see a few quality programs a week about crappie fishing without all the other thrown in.

You're right, I don't have to watch, I don't intend too.
    Likes varmithunter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

These shows are used to promote their sponsors! Just remember that first and foremost. I personally am not putting ethanol in my boat if I can help it.

Most shows now days do very little instructing and showing how to fish. They are more for entertainment and to do this they promote there sponsors since they are then ones footing some of there show.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel you man. Crappie masters is not a very good show. I don't wach many fish or hunting shows for the same reasons. As far as ethanol gas I would not run it if possible. It's ok if you use it up fast but DON'T LET IT GET OLD .

Post Thanks / Like

This has been posted before but worthy app to have. There is an app called pure gas that tells where you can find gas without ethanol . May not be close to you but it is more available than you think.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Masters is trying to bring crappie fishing up to the forefront. You can't do this without sponsors and money. The payouts at the tourneys are subsidized by sponsors as well as tourney fees. If you don't think Dance, Martin, Grigsby etc. don't hawk their sponsors you aren't watching.

Post Thanks / Like

You tube has plenty of instructional shows on crappie fishing if that's what you're looking for. Go to home page and type in "Instuctional crappie fishing." There are plenty of videos on a variety of techniques.
    Likes skeetbum, SLABHOG, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The ethanol damage is done in a couple of tanks, if you are still running good after the tank or two, you are safe. Ethanol causes water to condense/ form in the tank. My 2cts

Post Thanks / Like

Not being a tournament fisherman I don't really enjoy the show that much. As far a lot ethenol goes it has it's good and bad. The main problem with it in marine engines is they normally don't get run everyday and can cause water issues in fuel tanks as well as phase separation. It can also break down fuel lines and gaskets. The other problem is it acts as a cleaning agent and if you've never run it before can wreck an engine. But it does burn cleaner and will keep an engine clean if you run it all the time. Missouri corn growers sponser crappie masters and they of course love ethenol as it makes them money. I personally try not to run it if possible. If I do I make sure to run stabil in my tank as well.
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!

Post Thanks / Like

These shows have mostly become infomericials.

Then in when you do see something innovative, like the planner corks on Krappie Kings recently, they give zero additional info about them.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

No Ethanol for me....Don't know why, it hasn't bit me yet, just a "follow the leader" type situation. And to busy to watch much TV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast