Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falcon Rods- Made in USA

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Falcon Rods- Made in USA

Anyone using these rods? If so, would you give some feedback?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default donG

I have one falcon rod that I bought 5 years ago new. I was tournament bass fishing a lot back then. It is a 7' MH flippen stick wich I used to pitch a jig and pig with. Great rod and, I even got a free falcon hat with purchase of the rod. I guess that's the least they can do for you when you spend $100.00 on a rod only
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

You would think I owned atleast one. :o

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    You would think I owned atleast one. :o

I was counting on you Smitty!!!!!!!!!
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

its hard for me to spend a $100 on a rod because $100 ain't easy to come by - but in my opinion there are to many good rods for less than $50 to spend that much on one
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don....I got two

Falcon rods. Both are spinning medium light action. One is model FS-3-166 and it has a Shimano Solstace 1000 FE with Stren Magnathin 8lb line. I use it for throwing 1/8th oz rattle traps or 1/8th to 1/4oz road runners. This a a good outfit to use for these baits. I like it a lot myself.

The other Falcon rod I have is a 5 and 1/2' rod of the same action with a smaller spinning reel with 4lb on it. I use 1/16th oz jigs on it all the time. It is a very light and good outfit to use the way I use it. It's even caught some pretty nice bass. These rods are very good buy for the money I think. They are Sensitive high quaility rods and are American made. Now that doesn't mean the blanks are made in this country which they probably aren't. Don you know you get what you pay for in fishing tackle like anything else. If you were closer I'd lend them to you try out and decide for yourself. I like mine and would buy more Falcon rods if I needed some of which I don't. Friends of mine have all falcon rods for bass fishing. They like'm.

Don check out their website. It lists every rod they make. That's how I found what I wanted in length and action. The went to BPS and got them along with the reels. I wanted balanced outfits and got them while in the store. They ain't walmart cheap though.

Larry