Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Crappie fishing.

Hello, I'm looking to get into Crappie fishing. i would like to try to anywhere, but i really would like to try on Big Bone Creek, which is a tributary to the Ohio River in Boone Co, KY. I would like help on different rigs and techniques, Minnows or Jigs. Like I said, Im a trout and Striped Bass fisherman. I'm just wanting to try different things. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!! As for info on the specific area you mentioned you might wanna try the ohio state board for more specific info. As far as technique, just about all of them are discussed on this site. I would use the search engine at the top of the page and search for 'spider rigging' if you have a boat. If not no biggie just get a cork and some minnows and fish from the bank. Just watch and listen on this site. Its full of helpful information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ragencage View Post
    Welcome!! As for info on the specific area you mentioned you might wanna try the ohio state board for more specific info. As far as technique, just about all of them are discussed on this site. I would use the search engine at the top of the page and search for 'spider rigging' if you have a boat. If not no biggie just get a cork and some minnows and fish from the bank. Just watch and listen on this site. Its full of helpful information.
    Thanks. I just realized the section for Beginners. I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from South Central Mississippi. You can also ask people on the Kentucky site here on Crappie.com as they will know more about the places close to you to fish. Just click here: http://www.crappie.com/crappie/kentucky/
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I have not fished Gun Powder in about 3 years. If you put in at Trickes Marine and run up the creek you should be able to pick up a few. This time of the year I would fish with minnows around wood.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcb047 View Post
    Hello, I'm looking to get into Crappie fishing. I would like help on different rigs and techniques, Minnows or Jigs. Like I said, Im a trout and Striped Bass fisherman. I'm just wanting to try different things. Thanks
    Welcome from Alabama. My favorite technique is using a slip float. You can easily change depths and also lure colors. Here is me setup.

Name:  Basic Rig and dropper.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  21.7 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank for the help. I just want to make sure I get the right gear. It seems like I've been missing out by not crappie fishing.