Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braid

Post Thanks / Like

Question Braid

What brand hi vise braid is everybody useing Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I use Seaguar Smackdown Tourney Braid in Low-vis...but they have a Hi-vis Chartreuse
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You almost hate to recommend something because so many new and good things out there now and I sure can't try them all. But of the four or five I have tried I like Power Pro the best because of the handling and casting qualities. They got this new super slick stuff I have not tried.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using the regular PowerPro 10/2 hi-vis braid for a few years now. The hi-vis color has faded a bit, the line has been flipped around once in those years, but it's still just as strong and works just as well as it did when I first spooled it on. I only use it on one outfit, and mostly for casting Roadrunners & Whirly Bees, but I have used it to cast a jig with 1/8oz splitshot about 10" up the line. Ain't no doubt when a strike occurs !! I tie my baits directly to the braid, and the fish don't seem to care about the color.

Now, I do have other braids of heavier pound test, on the baitcast reels I use on my 14' rods for pushing jigs ... but, the braid came on the reels (bought them used), so I have no idea what brand they are, or even what pound test they are. But, it really doesn't matter in this case, as I have my jigs on 12-18" mono leaders. The braids are dark green in color, but the fish don't seem to pay them any attention, either.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I dislike PP braid only because of the noise it produces when reeling in your fish. For whatever reason, this screeching sound annoys the heck out of me! I use braid on all my rigs now, both for crappie and bass and lake trout fishing. I've found that Fireline Crystal is both easy to see and smooth coming through the guides. The reason why these two lines are so different is because PP is a braided line, whereas Fireline is fused. Makes all the difference to me anyway.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

So the fireline is quieter? Ive never seen a need for braid for crappie myself but i was going to put sone of one of my bass rods for the first time.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Berkely Nano-fill 10lb(2 lb dia) and 12 lb(4 lb dia) test clear mist it is pricey.used a leader for a while quit using the leader was not seeing any difference. you can see the line the fish cannot.We fish The white river, Greers Ferry,Norfork,Bull shoals lakes can see a withe jig 10' deep.It floats is like fly fishing but once you try it you will see the difference.Have been using the same 10 and 12 lb test nano-fill 3 years on my rod's and reels crappiemaxx.Fish at least 3 -5 days a week the year around. Try that with any other line.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Sufix 832 hivis in 10 pound. I like it, casts well but it does screetch.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

More line stories eh. Well, I like Power Pro Super Slick 8 Yeller and smallest size. 10/2 I believe. This stuff don't tip wrap and stick to rod much. I guess that's why they call it super slick.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Billbob, wannabe fisherman, short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help I was leaning towards power pro 10/2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast