Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question to the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default question to the forum

if you could ketch little crappie instead of nothing would ya ?
    i hear folks say all the time i wouldnt waste my time on dinks and tater chips .....
    i subscribe to the i want to ketch whatever is biting and little fish beats no fish to me .....
    so thats the question ...a dozen of these ?
    or be like the folks that left this spot to me ....
    and ketch nada because they were only trying to ketch biggunz
    lets hear what yawl think ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn I agree with you. That is why I fish with 2# and sometimes 1# test line and different action UL rods and one XUL rod. There are some agency lakes close to me that are overrun with crappie.....thousands of them in the 9-10 inch range. I may have to fish all day to get a 15 fish limit of 10 inch fish but I keep them and give them to some needy folks who clean them whole. But catches of 100 fish a day are the norm in those lakes. It is a win win situation. I am having a ball and others are getting benefit also....and the crappie population is being thinned out.

Regards
    Likes Red190, "G", Tony the Tiger, RetiredRR, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like catching any size, any species, any day.I like catching better than fishing.
    Likes MrGoodtime, "G", Tony the Tiger, "D", Mikie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take what I can get when I can get it. Sometimes those little fellers teach u something new.
    Likes Mikie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Put me down for the little ones too. If I'm not keeping them that who care. I just like that thump.
    Likes "G", "D", Mikie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like to catch.

Post Thanks / Like

I love catching anything. Heck I dont even complain when surf fishing and am catching hardheads. Sure I would rather catch quality fish but some days it aint happening. When bream fishing or speck fishing if I can catch 100 fish I can cull a meal. But if it dont happen so be it. And I am not a trophy hunter/fisherman by any means. Dont complain if I happen on one but not targeting them. Florida has slots on most trophy quality fish anyway so why harass em.
    Likes "G", RetiredRR, "D" LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the catching part. Big or small, I just want the thump!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes "G", RetiredRR, "D", Mikie LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My past history would give me up if I lied so I'll just tell the story. When I moved to TN from FL in '05 I had to buy my fish at the store. I stumbled into my first GOOD crappie up there in about the fall of '06. I could catch them some but not good ones and not regularly. I was hungry to find out what it took to catch more so I asked any and everyone about it and started learning how. I found Crappie.com and started asking questions, being taught by some of the local folks and fishing with them from time to time. They treated me very well and I still think that they are the best. At a local lake up there was "The Candy Store". Ray Charles could see fish there cuz there was so many. Now I had a classroom. There were days that I could catch a few good ones but a lot of the time it was nothing but dinks. There were days when I had 80 to 100 across the gunnel and be home before noon. No minnows. I got a chance to learn a lot about their behavior in the months after being told of this. Mostly I had more fun with my clothes on than any other time of my life. 4 lb test, Ultra lite rod, and 1/64 to 1/8 heads and many different bodies, but Panfish Assassins got the most play. The color game, the lift bite, different weight heads for when they were not active or suspended in front of the structure they were under. After, before , and during fronts. It was an education I couldn't have paid for. So in a long roundabout way to answer your question, yes. I would rather catch dinks than nothing. Every fish has a story to tell and something to teach you, if you just pay attention.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes RetiredRR, Redge, "D", Dave and Lynn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love catching and I keep a few for a mess, large or small. A 10" crappie is made for the pan.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast