Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honey hole

Post Thanks / Like

Default honey hole

last year I found some very good spots for crappie that I would consider my "honey holes". I have fished them many times and never seen another fisherman. How many of you have a spot that you don't tell anyone else about? I mean like even your brother or best fishing buddy.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Most are getting quiet about where they fish . Been burned way to much and crowds suck . Here some fishing spots got so crowded boats were bumping each other and parking spots were hard to find . Then folks still want you to tell them where your catching fish .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

And most that are asking for that information,, just don't understand that maybe it took you years of leg work and hours of fishing to find these spots.
    It seems that some for one reason or other just don't want that satisfaction knowing they found the spot and did the work, ( I really don't think its work ) they just want to pointed the way to catch fish. To me best part is FINDING that spot.
    Philippians 4; 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Likes blue-jig, Bronson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a few over the years. Most don't last long. Someone eventually sees you there. And pretty soon you go to your spot and someone is sitting on it. Try to fish it during the week if you can or don't stay there to long. Someone is always watching.
    Likes Alphahawk, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the spots that are easy to fish are the one's that people run me out of. The spots that you have to know a little trick to fish it, no one ever figures them out.
    Likes Alphahawk, chaunc, crappiejigger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

the best ones are on private property for me . public fisheries are almost impossible to keep secret .....
    and in these parts whatever is real good this week or even today ....may be dead as a door nail tomorrow or next week
    and like posted above ....folks watch ....in the DFW area of texas folks i have never met kinda know me
    i have them approach me sometimes and ask if i am Ketchn ? heck sometimes they even know my real name !
    had a guy come up across a creek from me this week ....and ask if i was me by my given name
    aint never seen this guy before in my life ! says he is an uncle to a guy i have ketched with before ....
    of course my reply was ,,, might be so ...who is askin ?
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was amazed that there are creeks on Enid that the locals did not know .Flower and Annie were regulars for me and may have seen 2 boats in each the 14 yrs. I lived there .Hobuck, pig hollow and hidden lake were rarely fished much either . York creek runs by the beach at chickasaw will run 2 miles on a high water year . You want to go on a real mission try finding the old O' Tuck run northeast oh Mcfarland hill .Find you and old map and a dude with a green visor straw hat and you can learn a lot .

Post Thanks / Like

I am an avid pan fisher but also chase Smallies. I have a spot that I have been able to keep to myself for 6 years now. Catches of 50-75 Smallies a day are quite common for about a 6 week period in the spring....not to mention Gills stage in the area for about 4 weeks before they go off somewhere to spawn....which is what attracted me to the spot in the first place. I rarely fish on the weekends but as bowhunter said...if I do want to go out on a weekend I never go to that spot.

Regards
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a young boy I learned early that the old timers would not tell where they fished. If you asked them they would just say they caught them in the blue hole. They would not tell where they turkey hunted either. But they all were bad to brag about what the caught and killed. Now that I am the old timer I know why.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieintern View Post
    last year I found some very good spots for crappie that I would consider my "honey holes". I have fished them many times and never seen another fisherman. How many of you have a spot that you don't tell anyone else about? I mean like even your brother or best fishing buddy.
    Wish I could say I do but too many people know my boat. They see me catch fish and come over to talk and punch the cords on their fish finder. If I'm not there next time they'll fish that spot then post pictures and brag about what they got.
    Likes blueball, NIMROD LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast