Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transport rack for 14ft poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transport rack for 14ft poles

Does anyone use this type of pole holder for long poles? I am wanting a way to transport My 14ft spider rig poles while on the lake and wondered if the poles would slap around too much.

Bass Pro Shops Four Position Rod Rack | Bass Pro Shops: The Best Hunting, Fishing, Camping & Outdoor Gear

Post Thanks / Like

don't know about the slap around part, but if you mount them with the poles sticking straight up you'd best be real careful around trees. 14' rods will stick way up.. Most people I know carry them on horizontal racks
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster Tip Savers can not be beat for transporting poles on the road. On the lake rod resters work best.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at about every horizontal rack there is and feel that they would eat up to much deck room or catch on things. I am thinking a vertical rack mounted to the front of the console would be best just worry about how much they would slap around. I don't think I would have height issues, because by the time I get to the next fishy spot I would have the poles down. The Rod resters seem like the same principal but I'm already using a 4 pole Cumberland crappie 360 T bar up front.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the aluminum type. Handy dandies. No problems whatsoever.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the ones like Cane has with no problems what so ever and lay them on the deck when trailering. 14 footers in very ruff seas last time out and had no problems other than the 2 waves we speared. Didn't even think about the rods until we set down coming into the landing and looked back to find them snug as a bug in a rug. Love mine.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Well I mounted the BPS holders today on the console, We will see how they fair come Spring, obtw I love Your boat Cane, I've seen pix you posted before its well laid out