Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Laptop (tablet) Mount kinda, I"m getting there...pic

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Laptop (tablet) Mount kinda, I"m getting there...pic

I talked to the Ram Mount folks. They really didn't have what I wanted. What ram mount they suggested coasts about $300. I am building my own mount rig using what I have and making a mounting pole. Looks pretty good. I will get there. As always, I am open for suggestions. I really get a lot of good input from you folks. Thanks for the inputs.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

It looks good Tom. Better than the set up on the bow of my boat. I really like that 12V power outlet. It is too bad the manufacturer did not put a factory outlet there and one on each side of the boat. They would be great for lights and accessories.

I ran some plastic surface mount conduit under the inside of the starboard gunnel to run power to the front depth finder from the back. Ran the cables for the NEMA bus the same way. It keeps things looking clean and somewhat protected.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Tom.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea about the conduit. It sure makes it easier if you add more wiring. Also looks professional too. None of these boat manufs would pass my QC inspection, however, they are getting much better at wiring. The dealers are the ones that really gripe my tail about wiring. They will never touch my boat. Anything goes with them. No QC whatsoever.

Anyone with loose wires in a metal boat is just asking for trouble.

I also have another 12v outlet on the opposite side. Had to have places to plug in all my gadgets. All the wiring I added is in pvc flex conduit. I like the fact that you tie stuff up. No loose wires in my boat, maybe my head, but not my boat. I just like to keep my stuff neat. NASA turned me into a "neat freak". You know what I am talking about here.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"