Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: open water rod suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Default open water rod suggestion

Hello all. Looking for suggestions on open water rod in the under $75 range. I am looking for something in 5'6 or 6'. I don't fish a ton with open water rods as i like to vertical jig with my ice rods. That being said, when i do use the open water rods I'm generally just casting and reeling so no need for the long 9' rods yet. Any suggestions would be great! Generally I'm throwing smaller 1/8th or less jig heads with grubs, etc. I am going to try more small jigs under a slip bobber this year so if that makes any diff let me know. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You do not need to spend $75.00+ on a rod. B n' M has a great line up of fine crappie/panfish rods at well under that price range. And the variety of lengths & actions is extraordinary. I have 3 of the SHSS line. And here's a thought, although I love my 7' SHSS for casting and/or vertical jigging, I've now come to enjoy the 9' model as well - or better! Something about the SHSS that just does it all. IMHO!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "G", trypman1 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What Crestliner08 said........and they are a major sponsor of C.C....best prices on these are found at one of their dealers which is a major sponsor of C.C Grizzly Jig...... Grizzly Jig Company
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^What they said BnM & Grizzly jig

Post Thanks / Like

I agree!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Sell me on long rods. Main reason i have not tried is i fish out of a jon boat of about 12ft and they dont fit in back of pickup. Im sure they are normally a 2 piece which probably isnt hard to break down. Just curious. Thanks again guys