Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug Spray!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bug Spray!

Due to all the Issues with Mosquitos, I just saw that Consumer reports and another report, listed the Brand that I use for BEST Mosquito protection out of anything on the Market!
    Maybe this can help someone stay safe...I posted this on another thread for Ketchn!

*Sawyer Fishermen's Formula* Bug Spray....best product out there for gnats, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies, stable flies, black flies, chiggers, sand flies, no-see-ums, etc!
    It dries on your skin and is not oily, it doesn't smell/or has just a hint of citrus on some people, and will not damage or hurt any kind of Nylon or plastics...PICARIDIN is the repellent, more effective than DEET and safer...spray is good for 12 hours against ticks and mosquitoes!
    You can get it at BPS, Cabelas, Dick's, Wally World, or on-line!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes RMGeorge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

me and skeeters seem to always have dinner plans ...and I have used all kinds of stuff to slow down that dinner bell ...
    sounds like good stuff ...thanks for the report
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The Federal Government has said, for many years now, that DEET is the most effective skeeter repel there is. Various manufacturers may proclaim to being better, but if you are a military man, in the tropics, you need the best protection you can get. Deet does the job. Now, if you believe a certain product is better, and it works for you, more power to you. I would like to see the hard data on Picaridin, that compares it's effectiveness to Deet.

I've used Deet for many, many years and have rarely been bitten. I also protect myself from ticks by treating my clothing (pants, socks, shoes and hats) with Promethrin. Combined you can trapes around in any kind of shoreline brush, fishing your heart out and not have to worry one bit. It just works for me. JMO!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I use OFF bug spray with deet. No bugs bite you with that stuff on but be careful when putting it on because it will discolor your depthfnder and any other plastic items.
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't help with ticks I don't suppose for skeeters a thermocell is the only way to go
    Likes NIMROD, Red190, scrat LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The military still says that deet is the best. I use a thermocell.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Redge, scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

DEET was developed by the United States....PICARIDIN by Europe.
    DEET in 100% form is just as effective as PICARIDIN in 20% form...these are the MAX for both...higher concentrations for PICARIDIN are in final stages of testing....higher concentrations do not effect repellency, just length of time the repellent lasts!
    DEET IS A SOLVENT, it will dissolve nylon plastics, etc....IT WILL ALSO CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION....it smells!
    PICARIDIN IS SAFE AND WILL NOT HURT ANYTHING...EVEN FISHING LINE, LURES, EQUIPMENT, ETC....and it doesn't smell
    DEET has been found to be toxic to zooplankton...and some cold water fish...it also can be absorbed into the blood!
    PICARIDIN HAS BEEN TESTED AND IS MORE EFFECTIVE REPELLING ALL THE OTHER BUGS AND INSECTS THAN DEET!

If you want hard data, look at Wiki, or all the studies on the Interweb!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post

Oh yeh....thats proof positive lmao
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes huntinslabs, Redge, jackie53, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    DEET was developed by the United States....PICARIDIN by Europe.
    DEET in 100% form is just as effective as PICARIDIN in 20% form...these are the MAX for both...higher concentrations for PICARIDIN are in final stages of testing....higher concentrations do not effect repellency, just length of time the repellent lasts!
    DEET IS A SOLVENT, it will dissolve nylon plastics, etc....IT WILL ALSO CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION....it smells!
    PICARIDIN IS SAFE AND WILL NOT HURT ANYTHING...EVEN FISHING LINE, LURES, EQUIPMENT, ETC....and it doesn't smell
    DEET has been found to be toxic to zooplankton...and some cold water fish...it also can be absorbed into the blood!
    PICARIDIN HAS BEEN TESTED AND IS MORE EFFECTIVE REPELLING ALL THE OTHER BUGS AND INSECTS THAN DEET!

Do you buy anything American made or developed?

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have two kind's of mosquito's.The ones that go through the screen's.(White River)The other's (black river) that open's the door and goes right in.They All want your Blood.A friend came up from Florida to go squirril hunting with us.(black river bottom's skeeter's)My dad ask him if he had (mosquito)(skeeter dope)(100% deet).He said I am from Florida skeeter's do not bite folks from Florida.We droped him off at a big din tree. Before daylite( no skeeter dope)(100 % deet).We walked a little ways dad said I better check and see if (dads friend) was alright.We walked to were we could see him but he could not see us. Dad's friend was swatting skeeters madly threw down his gun and ran out of the wood's.Dad picked up his gun and took it to his (florida friend).Asked him if he wanted some (skeeter dope)(100% deep) He said I am never going back in those woods Those skeeters are devils they have all my blood.Dad told him these skeeter's don't care where your from they want your Blood!!! (100% deep)not 99.5,99.9,(100% deet)only thing that works here are stay out of the wood's!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.
    Likes huntinslabs, Dlogfish LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast