Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North American Fishing Club any members??

Post Thanks / Like

Default North American Fishing Club any members??

just wondering about this club. they say they send out new products for people to test and all that good stuff.. plus month north american fisherman mag... anyone in this and is it a good information club?
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

been there done that, never again. sent me something everyweek if I would buy it:rolleyes:all they ever wanted was more money and lots of junk mail.

tx fisherman Guest

Arrow

well,i feel like i get my moneys worth from them,lots of info,magazine,e-mail reports and field test items,which u can keep and use.no bad report from me!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm part of the North American Hunting Club (life member), and wish I wasn't. I get junk mail from the Fishing Club wanting me to join and I just throw it away. I have found these clubs will send you a ton of stuff trying to get you to buy it. The test products are few and fair between. A lot of people mistake these products they send and want you to buy as a test product. That is not the case. A test product you do not have to buy. Once you test the product it is yours to keep free of charge. They will ask you to review a product they send you and bill you for, but that is not a true test product because they are wanting you to pay for it. It is kind of like a bait and switch scheme that for some reason a lot of their members don't catch on to. The magazines are fairly good, but you can get other magazines just as good if not better without the hassle of belonging to a club. Just remember one thing, these type of clubs are a business no matter how you look at it. They are in it to turn a profit and really don't care about the members as long as the meber keeps sending them money for dues and products. They also sell a lot of products at inflated prices just because it has the club logo on it. You can usually find that same product somewhere else a lot cheaper.
    Anyway, after all this rambling I guess I am saying it is wise to stay away from this. That is based on my experience with the NAHC, a sister organization to the NAFC.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a life member of the NAFC. (pesent from wife). I have field tested serveral items for them and never been billed. They did however, once in a while, send me something I didn't order to supposedly examine for a month and send it back if I didn't like it. I resented that and told them so. I also told them that if they sent me anything else I would either keep it or throw it away but I wasn't paying for something I didn't ask for. I haven't receved anything else since. Their magazine does have some good articles in it although mostly bass oriented.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    been there done that, never again. sent me something everyweek if I would buy it:rolleyes:all they ever wanted was more money and lots of junk mail.
    Right there with you cday. They also sell your information and before long, you are getting junk mail from every single hunting/fishing/hiking/bike riding/ice skating/running/shooting/underwater basket weaving organization out there known to man.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it out, at first it was okay I bought a couple of the overpriced books and like the once in a blue moon magazine that shows up. I would get a book about once every two weeks to "check out" which of course gets sent packing back to the source. I've field tested something only a couple times and they were rather weak items, like a slip float, some sort of jig, and some sort of clip that goes on rod and holds line.

I said what the h*ll and signed up for a 3 year membership. Well guess what they still kept sending me notices that my membership renewel is due. Hmmm what happened to the other twenty or so bucks that I paid? That and if I paid for three years why were they asking after a few months?

My honest opinion, they are biased towards Life Members and worry too much about getting their money.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-27-2007 at 05:52 AM.

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a member and they sent me three different test items. All three of the items I gave a very low rating, and when they were rated in the magazine they were all top rated.
    Then they wanted me to send some of my products to them to be tested by their members. They wanted $8000.00 worth of product to be given to them for the test. (Items to be given to the testers.) Because the Item I was concedering to have tested only retailed for $4.00, and they only send 100 testers samples of the product I put a pencil to and saw really quick my advertisement dollars could be spent in better way's.
    I cancelled my bass masters after 26 years when they became a catalog for K-Mart. It's all about $$$$$$$$, to these guy's in the publishing business.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in it for a year and they just rubbed me the wrong way, so I never resubbed. The only thing I like about NAFC are the crappie magnets they give you when they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes and get you to subscribe. I hate the gimmicky way they push for subscriptions. (except for the crappie magnets) I put them on the side my washing machine and pencil draw fishing lines with hair jigs coming down from the surface, and the crappies rising to hit them. I have three of them now. It looks kinda cool.
    Good things come to those who bait.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink You might want to consider this magazine ....

instead of NAFC ........ http://www.gameandfishmag.com/

You can choose your state, on the map, and check out the articles about your home waters & game. You can also check out articles from other states ... either one, right on the website. There's also some "generic" articles ... just follow the links under the heading of whatever species/game you're interested in.
    Missouri Game & Fish is 12 issues/year for $15

(for price comparison only)
    Crappie World Magazine is 4 issues/year for $14

IN-Fisherman Magazine is 8 issues/year for $10

There are pros and cons for any and all of these magazines.

If you haven't already done so ... check out the articles section of this site :
    http://www.crappie.com/tips.html
    and the articles on the BnM site :
    http://www.bnmpoles.com/index.cfm?fu...category_ID=17

....... luck2ya ... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast