Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new to the game

illinicrappie Guest

Default new to the game

Hello everyone,
    I just joined Crappie.com today, but have been reading posts for a couple of years now. The first Crappie that I ever caught was at a fish camp that my friend runs at the 4-H camp here in Central Illinois and now I am hooked. This fish camp is an opportunity for adults to spend a weekend with their kids teaching them how to fish or learning how to fish together. It is a fantastic camp! Everyone leaves tired and happy.

The reason for my first posting is this: At the close of every Fish Camp (I have gone 7 times) there is a drawing for door prizes. The kids that win the prizes usually have the biggest smiles on their faces. It is my goal to put those smiles on more kids faces. To that end I am asking if there are any of you that make lures/tackle that would like to donate to this cause. It truely is a great opportunity for adults to bond with kids and get each other hooked on fishing.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome and keep up the good work....if you can teach a kid how to fish and make em smile you have done a lot....we (fire Department) put on a kids tournament every may here in Louisiana...we have a blast...we gather corporate sponsors to donate money then we go out and buy all that is needed... we raise about 3 g's and service usually around 80-90 kids a year..giving away bicycles,video games, rod and reels, tackle boxes all kinds of stuff and we feed them a happy meal from mc donalds to boot....never had a kid go away crying....

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY