Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yellow Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yellow Perch

Fifteen or so years ago I caught a yellow perch at Lake Shawnee. This winter I caught another one and have seen others catch one every once in awhile. So what is the history of how these fine little fish got in the lake? I cant find stocking info for them but remember northern pike being put in forty or so years ago. Sure would like to see more yellow perch in other waters.

Post Thanks / Like

They were stocked in Lake Shawnee and have been stocked in a few other lakes in Kansas. I caught one this past fall.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/kansa...9461-surprise/

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Fifteen or so years ago I caught a yellow perch at Lake Shawnee. This winter I caught another one and have seen others catch one every once in awhile. So what is the history of how these fine little fish got in the lake? I cant find stocking info for them but remember northern pike being put in forty or so years ago. Sure would like to see more yellow perch in other waters.
    Flint,

Here's another historical thread here at crappie dot com that discusses yellow perch in Kansas. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/ask-t...-yellow-perch/

Hopefully you'll find something in the link that helps to answer your question.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when and how many times they where stocked as they seem to be gaining in numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

According to a google search that found a capitol journal article that said they have been in there since the 50’s or 60's. Im 51 and fished there since I was a kid and don't remember seeing any untill lately. Maybe all the watermillfoil that's choked the lake has boosted numbers.