Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Dood From Northern Canda Looking for a Little Help

Bof Guest

Default New Dood From Northern Canda Looking for a Little Help

Hey Fellas,

Been reading this board for a while and you have a great thing here with a bunch of great guys. My wife, 7 month old son and I are taking a little mini vacation to the Orlando area (Windermere exactly) and I'd like to do a little fishing while I'm there. My research has pointed me in the direction of Crappie which is why I'm here. Without divulging too much info (PM if preffered), can someone point me in the right direction with access points, gear, baits...etc so I don't spend all of my vacation time fumbling around. Although I would love to hire a guide for a day...to be honest, I just can't afford one so I'm asking out of pitty more than anything else...LOL...

As well, I would like to look at the option of flats wading or surf casting around the Cocoa beach area and require similar info. I would preffer this option as I only have 1-2 days that I can escape and fish but either option is good.

A little about myself, well...I am a fisheries and wildlife research technician in Ontario, Canada. I fish mostly the Great Lakes tributaries for steelhead and salmon but do venture inland as well for Walleye, Pike, Smallmouth Bass and of course Brook Trout. I'm the site administrator on a board in Canada much like this one that is dedicated to floatfishing for steelhead and if you are interested follow this link:http://www.floatfishing.net

Although Crappie is not my preffered species of target, I do get the chance a couple time a year to fish Crappie in our Northern Lake Huron waters but I'm sure techniques and gear here are much different than yours.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide and I'ver included a couple pictures to introduce myself.

Bof

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet pics!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard and nice pictures!

I can't help you with that area, but keep checking in and someone's bound to chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Florida forum section of this site, you'll get more hits and help hopefully
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

nice pics
    Crazy Angler Tackle
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff
    Tracker Marine Pro Staff
    www.nathankincade.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome scenery with nice fish....someday i'd like to try the fishin up there....looks like a blast!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Bof Guest

Bump....

Still looking for a little help. Any guides in the area or fellas looking to strike a deal...I also build custom rods (loomis) and would be willing to trade a custom built rod for a day on the water, prefferably flats or surf casting at Cocoa Beach area but inland Crappie/cats/bass would be fine as well. Just want to maximize my time.

Thanks again,

Bof