Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Spinning Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Piece Spinning Rod

Planning on throwing some jigs under bobbers this spring (pre- & post-spawn) in deep water. As such, I'm looking for recommendations on a one piece spinning rod in 9' or 10'. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimPierce View Post
    Planning on throwing some jigs under bobbers this spring (pre- & post-spawn) in deep water. As such, I'm looking for recommendations on a one piece spinning rod in 9' or 10'. Any suggestions?
    Get used to disappointment. The only companies I know of making one-piece rods in those lengths are the fly rod companies. So, GLoomis would be happy to build you one for about $700.

I think you're gonna have to go with a custom rod. Find a builder who can get a cheap one-piece blank.

FWIW, I'd much rather have a 2pc rod in that length.
    Likes Crestliner08, sooners08, feelay, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the F & F rods. I use an 8' ESP for what you mentioned. No 1pc. though.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I cant imagine having to worry about taking care of a one pc rod at that length, I do have several two pc. rods over nine foot
    Philippians 4; 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just use a little super glue and you will have a one piece rod.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes glasseyes, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Piece Crappie Action Rod

Please do let us know if you find one! Hard to believe, in a light action 9'+ rod, that anyone would attempt to produce one in one piece. I'd think it'd be just too difficult to spine properly and to get a consistent blank in that length. Custom is probably the way you will need to go. And look for spending some serious $$$ for it too!

More importantly....why do you need a one piece rod? I own many 2 pc. rods as well as some 1 pc. rods (for heavier game fish). Never had a concern or problem with 2 pc. rods for panfish however. If there were a legitimate reason for having one, I would think that the market place and/or the profession tournament fishermen would have demanded it by now. JMO!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes glasseyes, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking sensitivity for double duty as a tight lining rod without disturbing brush piles, but apparently I need to revisit my plan. Looks like a 2 piece is in my future...
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct now!!

Post Thanks / Like

well these days are over but we use to make our own rods out of calcutta cane. You just cut out the section that fit the diameter and strength you wanted. We also made snagging rods out of the thicker section. I still have one of the snagging rods in the basement. Winch in huge fish on those things. I use to have a nice cane about 15ft long I used . We tied on the eyes and then epoxied over the thread and hose clamped a reel on. Use to be a lot of people who fished the swamps had em for dipping in the Lilly pads and Cypress trees.

Post Thanks / Like

The bps micro lite float n fly rod is great for throwing jigs and a float. I have a 9'6" that I love....they are inexpensive as well. Two piece
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast