PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Spinning Rod

TimPierce
02-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Planning on throwing some jigs under bobbers this spring (pre- & post-spawn) in deep water. As such, I'm looking for recommendations on a one piece spinning rod in 9' or 10'. Any suggestions?

deathb4disco
02-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Planning on throwing some jigs under bobbers this spring (pre- & post-spawn) in deep water. As such, I'm looking for recommendations on a one piece spinning rod in 9' or 10'. Any suggestions?

Get used to disappointment. The only companies I know of making one-piece rods in those lengths are the fly rod companies. So, GLoomis would be happy to build you one for about $700. ;)

I think you're gonna have to go with a custom rod. Find a builder who can get a cheap one-piece blank.

FWIW, I'd much rather have a 2pc rod in that length.

Locator79
02-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Look at the F & F rods. I use an 8' ESP for what you mentioned. No 1pc. though.

glasseyes
02-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I cant imagine having to worry about taking care of a one pc rod at that length, I do have several two pc. rods over nine foot

scrat
02-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Just use a little super glue and you will have a one piece rod.:twocents:biggrin

Crestliner08
02-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Please do let us know if you find one! Hard to believe, in a light action 9'+ rod, that anyone would attempt to produce one in one piece. I'd think it'd be just too difficult to spine properly and to get a consistent blank in that length. Custom is probably the way you will need to go. And look for spending some serious $$$ for it too!

More importantly....why do you need a one piece rod? I own many 2 pc. rods as well as some 1 pc. rods (for heavier game fish). Never had a concern or problem with 2 pc. rods for panfish however. If there were a legitimate reason for having one, I would think that the market place and/or the profession tournament fishermen would have demanded it by now. JMO! :)

TimPierce
02-02-2016, 10:25 PM
I was thinking sensitivity for double duty as a tight lining rod without disturbing brush piles, but apparently I need to revisit my plan. Looks like a 2 piece is in my future...

trypman1
02-03-2016, 08:18 PM
You are correct now!!

doggone
02-03-2016, 08:40 PM
well these days are over but we use to make our own rods out of calcutta cane. You just cut out the section that fit the diameter and strength you wanted. We also made snagging rods out of the thicker section. I still have one of the snagging rods in the basement. Winch in huge fish on those things. I use to have a nice cane about 15ft long I used . We tied on the eyes and then epoxied over the thread and hose clamped a reel on. Use to be a lot of people who fished the swamps had em for dipping in the Lilly pads and Cypress trees.

feelay
02-03-2016, 09:22 PM
The bps micro lite float n fly rod is great for throwing jigs and a float. I have a 9'6" that I love....they are inexpensive as well. Two piece

Alphahawk
02-03-2016, 09:28 PM
If you want a rod with sensitivity off the charts check out this one. I have this rod in the 8' 3" model.

Yamaga Blanks Blue Current 91/TZ Long Cast (http://jpangler.com/index.php/rod/yamaga-blanks/blue-current/yamaga-blanks-blue-current-91-tz-long-cast.html)

Regards

glasseyes
02-04-2016, 05:37 AM
I also have two of the BPS micro lite rods at 9'6" length, last one I bought just a few months ago was $59.00, and yes they great for throwing light jig and bobber combo. exactly why I bought them