Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: B&M Rod tips needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M Rod tips needed

I'm looking for replacement tips for 10' telescoping B&M Tuff-lite rods. These rods are older fiberglass rods that I've had for 20+ years. I'm having trouble finding these tips if anyone can advise on where to find them. B&M claims they have none. Thanks.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that Grizzly jig or the manufacturer would be your best bet. The folks at Grizzly are the best and got more rods than anyone else I know of for Crappie fishing.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I would have to say that Grizzly jig or the manufacturer would be your best bet. The folks at Grizzly are the best and got more rods than anyone else I know of for Crappie fishing.
    I doubt it, Skeet. If they're that old, they're likely long out of production. And he's already checked with BnM (manufacturer).

Then again : B 'n' M Tuff-Lite Crappie Master Telescopic Poles ... if this site actually has them in stock, it may be cheaper to buy new ones.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks. I found a few different options online at Bass Pro Shops which I will try. I get what your saying about getting new ones which is certainly an option. Since the rod itself is not broken I think I can fix it and warrior on with the old relic. I get a kick out of continuing to use stuff that is out of style or no longer mainstream. Will let you know how it works out.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by healthnspector View Post
    ok thanks. I found a few different options online at Bass Pro Shops which I will try. I get what your saying about getting new ones which is certainly an option. Since the rod itself is not broken I think I can fix it and warrior on with the old relic. I get a kick out of continuing to use stuff that is out of style or no longer mainstream. Will let you know how it works out.
    Inspector ... I can certainly relate to using "old school" equipment, as long as it's still functional. I have rods/reels & tackleboxes full of stuff that I've had for well over 40yrs, not to mention the hand me downs from my Grandfather & my Mom/Stepfather, all of whom were avid Crappie anglers.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Last words of a dying redneck... "Hold my beer and................................. watch this..."

Post Thanks / Like

superdave...wow! that's a great website. I've got it book marked for future reference. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I broke the second section on a BnM rod. I called to find out I could return to the store and buy 2 new rods for what the section would cost.
    Most of my rod tips that get broken get a larger top.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had bad luck with the newer BnM jigging rods...bought the Brushcutter 10' jig rod which is supposed to be their toughest. The tip section (within 6 inches from the end) has broken in nearly the same spot on each of 3 Brushcutter rods I have owned. I have found that replacing the top section of the rod is costly. On the other hand I have owned a few telescoping fiberglass B&M jigging rods for 20 years with no breaks. I like the feel of the BnM rod which is often a bit pricey...I will say that I am easily satisfied by the HT Panfish Special which is light and sturdy for less than $20...which is also far less than a replacement BnM tip section.