Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Battery Chargers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery Chargers

All members
    Since I'm now retarded, I've got some time on my hands. At least till the water warms up. I"m wondering how many of you have battery chargers sitting around that don"t work? If the transformers aren" smoked I can repair them at a break even cost. I don"t know if I'm allowed to put the cost on here or not. I guess I could say....think of a number between 19 and 21 and that would include parts,labor.and shipping. If you are interested, let me know..

Brane ded

1hr. fishing add 1 day to life.....

Post Thanks / Like

Battery chargers that don't work? Just sell 'em at garage sales for 2 or 3 dollars and go buy new ones. They're cheap.
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    All members
    Since I'm now retarded, I've got some time on my hands. At least till the water warms up. I"m wondering how many of you have battery chargers sitting around that don"t work? If the transformers aren" smoked I can repair them at a break even cost. I don"t know if I'm allowed to put the cost on here or not. I guess I could say....think of a number between 19 and 21 and that would include parts,labor.and shipping. If you are interested, let me know..
    Mine fell off my bench and the amp meter went kaput, but the charger still works. If I was to tell you the make and model could you get me the meter? Thanks!

Brane ded

Post Thanks / Like

Can you figure out why a Firestorm drill 12 volt battery charger keeps going bad? I have two 12volt batteries. When I tried to charge battery no1 it ruined my battery charger. The little red light on the charger unit would not come on anymore and the battery failed to charge up. I checked the voltage output with a dvm and it showed no volts. So I took the charger to Batteries Plus and ordered a new charger. I used it once and the little red light stopped working when I tried to charge Battery No1 again. Something must be wrong with this one battery. But I can't understand how that could ruin the battery charger.

Mabye they got their battery charger that they sold to me a CA's yard sale

I am taking it back to see if they can make this right. I need to just discard this old Firestorm 12 portable drill and get a heavy duty Dewalt. I could use two more 18v dewalt batteries to go with my other dewalt stuff.

I took the old battery charger apart and found a small circuit board inside. I suppose that one of the componts on that board failed.

I bet that there is a short circuit inside battery no1 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    All members

Brane ded

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default memory

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Can you figure out why a Firestorm drill 12 volt battery charger keeps going bad? I have two 12volt batteries. When I tried to charge battery no1 it ruined my battery charger. The little red light on the charger unit would not come on anymore and the battery failed to charge up. I checked the voltage output with a dvm and it showed no volts. So I took the charger to Batteries Plus and ordered a new charger. I used it once and the little red light stopped working when I tried to charge Battery No1 again. Something must be wrong with this one battery. But I can't understand how that could ruin the battery charger.

Mabye they got their battery charger that they sold to me a CA's yard sale

I am taking it back to see if they can make this right. I need to just discard this old Firestorm 12 portable drill and get a heavy duty Dewalt. I could use two more 18v dewalt batteries to go with my other dewalt stuff.

I took the old battery charger apart and found a small circuit board inside. I suppose that one of the componts on that board failed.

I bet that there is a short circuit inside battery no1 or something like that.
    Moose most of these rechargable batteries have memories that if you charge them to soon they will have to be charged up again after that same amount of time - batteries plus may have a device that refreshes the battery and resets the memory so it will charge back up
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea why my battery is boiling out when charging?I've replenished the fluid with distilled water and equalizer but the problem still persists.It only does it on one of my seven batteries which is only 6 months old.Thanks in advance for any response.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Moose most of these rechargable batteries have memories that if you charge them to soon they will have to be charged up again after that same amount of time - batteries plus may have a device that refreshes the battery and resets the memory so it will charge back up

Moose;
    I would say bat.#1 is definitly shorted out inside.

Brane ded

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Any idea why my battery is boiling out when charging?I've replenished the fluid with distilled water and equalizer but the problem still persists.It only does it on one of my seven batteries which is only 6 months old.Thanks in advance for any response.
    Big E:
    Since it's only happening on this one battery,it indicates a bad battery to me. Since it's only 6 mo.s old, I'd take it back and exchange it for another one.

Brane ded

Post Thanks / Like

Shellback:
    If you will Email your address,I'll send you one. If you can make it fit, you're welcome to it.

Brane ded

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out this setup and tell me what you think about it. www.stayncharge.com . It charges my trolling motor battery from my car battery. I live in an apartment building with no outside hookup so this setup is great for me.