Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any 10+ amps on yak battery?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Any 10+ amps on yak battery?

I'm looking for a compact and suitable battery for my kayak's fish finder. The ff draws a lot of juice with the 5" color screen, dsi and gps (Lowrance Elite 5 dsi). I believe that I will need more than the 7-9 amps that many use on their yaks. Any suggestions regarding compact batteries with 10+ amps and still be able to fit into the yak, preferably the yak battery sack?

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HB 899 with a 7 inch screen and it draws 780 mA. I had an Werker 9.5 AH battery which would give me 12 hours on the water. The Lowrance Elite 5dsi draws 630mA so in theory you could run your unit for 15 hours. I don't know how long you plan on being out but a 9.5 AH should be plenty.

Regards

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy one of the batteries that have more AH like this one that packs 15 ah. Will almost double the use time.
    Mighty Max ML15 12 12V 15AH F2 Battery Replacement for Bladez SM808 | eBay
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the responses. I did notice how the weight of the batteries increased dramatically when the amps increased. I'm still looking for the right one for my set up (size/weight/cost). I have seen several online and hope to pull the trigger on one soon. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

How about one of the batteries that they use on the Razor Scooters? Not real educated on batteries, etc, but worth a shot..

Amazon.com: ML10-12 - 12V 10AH RAZOR DIRT QUAD VERSION 1-8 BATTERY - Mighty Max Battery brand product: Electronics