Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Couldn't find it in Archives

Post Thanks / Like

Default Couldn't find it in Archives

I am thinking about getting a 10ft. Southern Crappie rod for jig fishing. I will be fishing mostly 1/8oz jigs but will go smaller if necessary. Mostly dipping brush and float fishing in heavy brush. I intend to use it on Rend Lake for buckbrush fishing if you have ever seen that. Hand to fin combat. If you have used one please let me know your opinion on the way it fishes. Thanks Bo

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

1st I love a cork handle on my rods. I think the 10' and below Southern Crappie rods are all cork.I have them in 6 foot to 14 foot and each one is at the top of my list of rods to do the job I buy them for.

I used to use a 10 foot flyrod for the type of fishing you are talking about. My personal best crappies (3#0 oz and 3#4oz) were caught 15 feet apart and 5 minutes apart from the same line of buckbrush on Barkley Lake.

I think you will be happy with the sensitivity and backbone of the Southern rods.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff