Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

Any Tips On Fishing Super Clear Water. I Use Light Line Small Boat Etc. Lure Selection I Try A Little Bit Of Everything. There Is No Real Structure In The Lake I Fish Other Than A Sandy Weedy Bottom There Is A Lot Of Deep Water Few Ledges Flats Any Tips On Location To Fish Or Certain Things To Look For Would Be Appreciated. Also The Main Forage Seems To Be Small Shad 2-3 Inches In Size. Ive Found Them In The Fish Upon Filleting.
    OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD!

Post Thanks / Like

years ago I fished in FL in some really clear shallow lakes - but at the
    time, I hadn't gotten into crappie yet, it was for bass. Anyway, it seemed
    like there was only a small "window" of time right at dusk or dawn when they
    would hit anything at all. You might try long-line trolling with the electric motor, getting the baits WAY back behind the boat - light jigs, or crankbaits if the weeds aren't too much of a problem. Just my .02, hope it helps
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the fish to be in the deeper water. Any channel bends should hold fish. Any weedbeds on the ledges should also hold fish. Make long casts! Try not to get to close to where the fish are holding. If you find fish in a spot back way off and cast 2" curl tails at them. I don't know what color would work on your water though, you may have to experiment.
    Also try and build a few of your own brush piles near the ledges if your able to.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

i've fished lake dexter and woodruff off st.johns river. clear, shallow and weedy. we were trollin with lectric motor, people trollin with gas motor were doin a lot better. thought it was speed so i speeded up. they were still doin better. so i stop and ask. seems the gas motoer kicked up minnows, shrimp and other food, made the fish hit better. i tried it , it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Send a PM to Gooch on the arkansas board, i think he has experience with fishing super clear waters. The only time we fished clear water was with a jig under a float casting as far ahead of you as possible to keep from spooking them.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For All The Info Guys .i Think One Of My Mistakes Is Trying To Drift Right Over Top Of Them.
    OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats right, your shadow will spook them. That is a bite killer in clear water. troll with baits behind you and use minnows. get them as far back behind the boat as possible. You don't have to go slow either because the fish don't need time to see the bait in clear water. A reaction strike may be the way to go. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion