Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slider head

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slider head

Has anyone fished the original Slider jighead from Charlie Brewer ?-this is the jighead with a flat bottom. I am always interested in trying different baits and this jighead looks like it needs a test. The Slider original has been around for a long time but I am just now discovering it. I mainly vertical fish my own hand- ties so this jighead would give me a new weapon-I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish it if the cover's not too bad. I use the "spider slider" head more often, though.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Slider paddle tail grubs ... the slider "jig head" not so much. I prefer using a weedless jig head, rather than a "texas rig" style jig head, as it seems to take a bit less power on the hookset to get the hook into the fish. Now, I might be biased in that regard, seeing as how I was using UL rods and 4lb test line back when I first tried the Slider jig heads.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

prefer the weedless style...matter of personal preference and confidence

Post Thanks / Like

I FISH THOSE JIGS IN LAY DOWNS,GOES THROUGH LIMBS BETTER THAN WEEDLESS WITH PLASTIC OR WIRE.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have much wooded cover to contend with up here, so I've never had to resort to a weedless presentation. I do love the paddle tailed grubs however.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

just like everybody said the bodies are really good, you can fish the right color one on a variety of heads and they can be deadly sometimes. The last two years I have done real good with the watermelon/chart tail. The smoke glitter is really good when they are targeting minnows or shad fry about the same size.

The slider head/texas rig system does work. I do not use it often,but I always have some ready if I want to probe down into some brush. I think I prefer the standard weedless head better,I think the crappie sometimes do not hold onto the bait well enough or long enough to allow you to drive the hook in with that texas rig sometimes. I consider it a specialty technique but it does work. Also its harder to use a nibble or minnow with it whereas with the standard weedless no problem.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

just ordered some of the nutter heads .

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In heavy cover I like the Texas rig slidder hook set up. I thread the head section on and hook minnow through lips and then skin hook tail section. Weedless and live bait!! Just wish they made some with a little bigger hook.
    Likes fishervet, fiveeyes LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use 'em the same as Swampseed..works for me