Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Moose....You shoulda went along.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose....You shoulda went along.

It was sunny and 70 degrees all day :D Thought for awhile I was going to have to turn the AC on in the truck

The only thing I didn't get that I wanted while I was there was a Lowrance LCX-17M. Had my fingers on one several times but I don't want to bust the piggy bank open just yet. I'll get one soon enought. That unit has 640x480 pixtels. The picture is awesome to say the least. That's twice what my X75 is now. I'll have to think real hard if I really need GPS built in or not. Hell I don't use the one I have now.

Made a list of everything I wanted for this year this past week and got it yesterday. I shouldn't need anything other than line until next year or when the BPS opens up this summer at River Falls Mall :D

I even stopped on the way back at the Kentucky Motor Speedway in Sparta to look in the gift shop for deals on hats and shirts. None there so headed for the house. Got home and tried the new Sams SS rod out. That rascal is light for sure.

The lightest rod I held in my hands yesterday was that $600 sage fly rod. That thing was so light it made Sams rod feel heavy. I wonder why we don't have someone who has those blanks for those high dollar flyrods make some rods for crappie fishing. Looks like an untapped market to me cause you know there's plenty of fisherman that would buy one. G-Loomis has some 12' to 14' noodle rods listed on their site. I don't see why one couldn't be used for crappie fishing if it was a 2 pc. rod. I'm tired of typing. This two fingered stuff is all I can do.

See ya later...Stop in the chat room ain't seen you there for last few days.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    It was sunny and 70 degrees all day :D Thought for awhile I was going to have to turn the AC on in the truck

The only thing I didn't get that I wanted while I was there was a Lowrance LCX-17M. Had my fingers on one several times but I don't want to bust the piggy bank open just yet. I'll get one soon enought. That unit has 640x480 pixtels. The picture is awesome to say the least. That's twice what my X75 is now. I'll have to think real hard if I really need GPS built in or not. Hell I don't use the one I have now.

Made a list of everything I wanted for this year this past week and got it yesterday. I shouldn't need anything other than line until next year or when the BPS opens up this summer at River Falls Mall :D

I even stopped on the way back at the Kentucky Motor Speedway in Sparta to look in the gift shop for deals on hats and shirts. None there so headed for the house. Got home and tried the new Sams SS rod out. That rascal is light for sure.

The lightest rod I held in my hands yesterday was that $600 sage fly rod. That thing was so light it made Sams rod feel heavy. I wonder why we don't have someone who has those blanks for those high dollar flyrods make some rods for crappie fishing. Looks like an untapped market to me cause you know there's plenty of fisherman that would buy one. G-Loomis has some 12' to 14' noodle rods listed on their site. I don't see why one couldn't be used for crappie fishing if it was a 2 pc. rod. I'm tired of typing. This two fingered stuff is all I can do.

See ya later...Stop in the chat room ain't seen you there for last few days.

Larry
    I have a 3 piece fly rod I use some times. It is fun catch crappie on it.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Larry:
    Glad you had a good trip. I stayed home and waited for the telephone repair man all day and they never showed up. They better get my damn phone fixed by 6 pm tonight or I am going to be cancelling my account with SBC. The phone went dead on Thursday and it's been dead as a door knob since. I sent in a trouble report via email. About ready to email my State Senators and Representatives and tell them what I think of SBC's phone repair service. Maybe it's time to get a cell phone and just disconnect my land mind phone. It's damn rediculous to have to wait four days to get a phone line fixed.

I have been busy reading and watching TV. Saw a good football game yesterday but my team lost. Damn field goal kicker missed a 40 yard field goal in regulation time and lost the game. He kicked it just about 2 ft wide to the right. San Diego has two of Purdues Football players in Drew Brees and Nick Hartwick. (SP?). Purdue played Illinois and got beat though. They played well in the first half but dropped behind in the second half and IL pulled away and won.

I was playing around with my scanner and the OCR program the other day. Had one hell of a time getting the OCR to work right. It keeps changing the fonts in the print. Pain in the butt but I wanted to test the program. I have some forms that I use for work that I want to scan and get into my computer. But the OCR program that I have does not work with multi columns and graphs and tables. I found out that I need a different program... one that actually works. LOL

Do you know how to use the Private Message thing in here?
    Last edited by Moose1am; 01-09-2005 at 12:21 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, give me a little bit of notice next time, I will go with you. I don't mind getting away from the house as long as I have the notice, you know, to run across the boss.

Post Thanks / Like

Next Spring I am going to have to remember to try my fly rods at a spot where I caught lots of crappie all year long last year.

I caught a nice 1.5lb white crappie at Patoka Lake on a fly rod that I tied a jig onto and used a slip float setup. It was a lot of fun bringing that bigen in on a 9ft long Graphite Fly rod. I can't remember if it was on my #8 Glass fly rod or one of my other graphite fly rods. I have an old bambo fly rod that would not have landed that fish. You want to talk about a whippy, that old bambo is very limber from the butt to the tip. Not at all like the modern fly rods.

I think that fishing with a streamer and catching big crappie on a fly rod would be a good challenge and lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    I have a 3 piece fly rod I use some times. It is fun catch crappie on it.
    Regards,

Moose1am