Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Fork

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Fork

Taking a road trip to lake fork the first week of April we have never been there looking for some areas to start the hunt .Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

north end would be a good start ....dont know the lake very well , but was a good spot in the spring when i visited there
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help ketchn

Post Thanks / Like

you could stop by my friends at Thermocline lures on Fork ...(ask for Todd tell him I sent ya )....they live right by the main bridge on the lake ....
    I bet they will give some good ideas come spring on spots to look and he will know what colors and baits are working for sure .....

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn thanks for the info I will definitely look him up when I get there I am staying at the popes landing I should be close to him thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I have never fished Fork in the spring but have been four or five times in the winter. As you get closer to your trip I would recommend that you go to a web site called the Texas Fishing Forum. They have a crappie section and you probably could get some pointers there. Good luck on your trip.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished it for Bass and never knew back then it was such a good crappie lake. I suggest a guide or idle speed only unless you like big holes in your boat. Stump City even when it looks clear or you see a boat running wide open.

Be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

I will check out the forum I also down loaded a boat lane chip hopefully that will help with manuvering around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLCRAPPIE View Post
    I have never fished Fork in the spring but have been four or five times in the winter. As you get closer to your trip I would recommend that you go to a web site called the Texas Fishing Forum. They have a crappie section and you probably could get some pointers there. Good luck on your trip.
    I wouldn't take much of what you get on that website as truthful ....been there done that ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr crappie View Post
    I will check out the forum I also down loaded a boat lane chip hopefully that will help with manuvering around
    the bass boats there run WIDE open in the travel lanes that are often very narrow .....best install a rear view mirror from what I know ....
    and yes it is a forest over most of the lake under the surface ...