Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Heaton Super-Sensitive 7' rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Heaton Super-Sensitive 7' rod

Anyone fish with the Sam Heaton Super-Sensitive 7' rod? I'm thinking about buying one to go with the Shimino Spirex.

It's also available in trolling model too. But I'm interested in the spinning rod version.

Tks
    Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot
    Anyone fish with the Sam Heaton Super-Sensitive 7' rod? I'm thinking about buying one to go with the Shimino Spirex.

It's also available in trolling model too. But I'm interested in the spinning rod version.

Tks
    Hoot
    Hoot did you buy that Shimino Spirex reel? Did you get front or rear drag?

I have a BPS Wally Marshall Pro Series Rods 7' rod and I like it very much and is cheaper than the Sam Heaton Super-Sensitive 7' rod.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Duane -

Yeah I got the fighting drag Spirex. Haven't used it yet because I want to put it on a new rod. Beautiful though. Couldn't wait for the sale at BPS. lol. Not sure they put this on sale anyway. Good seller I hear.

I'll check out the Wally Marshall too. Thanks.

Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoot

I have went through four 12' Sam Heaton Super Sensitive rods ''busted tips all 4-6" from the end of the rod'' I still keep buying then though because, I have yet to find another rod that is as sensitive. My Wally Marshall is much more durable and Almost as sensitive. I have never tried the Heaton 7' but, I did buy my brother a 9' Heaton for Xmas. My guess is you won't have a tip breaking problem with a shorter rod a only 7' If your looking for a sensitvie rod the BnM Sam Heaton Super Sensitive rod is really hard to beat in my opinion. As far as reels. When they make a better reel than Shimano please let me know. I have been loyal to Shimano for 30 years and have Never had a problem with any of the Shimano reels I have. I still have most of my shimano reels from the very begining. Shimano reels can be a bit pricey but, it's money well spent. They last a life time
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    I have went through four 12' Sam Heaton Super Sensitive rods ''busted tips all 4-6" from the end of the rod'' I still keep buying then though because, I have yet to find another rod that is as sensitive. My Wally Marshall is much more durable and Almost as sensitive. I have never tried the Heaton 7' but, I did buy my brother a 9' Heaton for Xmas. My guess is you won't have a tip breaking problem with a shorter rod a only 7' If your looking for a sensitvie rod the BnM Sam Heaton Super Sensitive rod is really hard to beat in my opinion. As far as reels. When they make a better reel than Shimano please let me know. I have been loyal to Shimano for 30 years and have Never had a problem with any of the Shimano reels I have. I still have most of my shimano reels from the very begining. Shimano reels can be a bit pricey but, it's money well spent. They last a life time
    Has your brother used his 9" rod yet? I am thinking about the 9" model for this year and another Shimano with the rear drag. I do like that rear drag!
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pig...You must be

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN

Hard on you rods. I haven't had but one break on me and it was a Wally Marshall 8' pro series last year. BPS wouldn't take it back so I contacted wally personally. He wouldn't do anything either so I took it to a guy in Louisville that makes rods. He said it was splintered from about 6' from the tip down towards the middle. He told me it probably came from where it was made this way. You couldn't see unless you put it under really bright light and a magnifying glass. I told hime to throw it away. So if anyone has the upper section of this rod I'd like to know. If wally doesn't offer extra tip sections for his rods he needs to. That is one major reason I'll never buy another with his name on it. Most crappie rods of any length and brand I've seen you can buy replacement tips for and that's the way it should be in my opinion. Maybe someone with some clout needs to put a bug in wallys ear about his rods. That's my two cents. I'm easy on my rods. Those 10' Richard Willams rods I got last year get more abuse than any I have because people I take fishing with me use them all the time. So far they're holding up very well.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry

I take great care of my rods . I spend to much of my hard earned money on them not to. I have talked to Dozon's of people who have problems with the tips of BnM rods. Never broke a Wally yet though. I will say that BnM has Great customer service. They have replaced 2 of the 4 that broke. Things are going to happen when you fish 2-3 times a week 10 months out of the year.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default B & M

I sale and use B&M rods. I will not vertical jig with any other rod than the Sam Heaton. Been fishing tourneys for several years and nothing else will hold up. The ones that I have broken have all been an error on my part and not the rod. Have tried just about all of the ones out there from lexus on up to the St. Croix. TOO MUCH MONEY!! Nice rods though. I am really hard on rods though and if I were to break one, the cost of replacing a sam heaton is easier to take than a St. Croix. You can feel the fish suck the bait in his mouth with a sam heaton. Haven't found another rod like it.They are ok for vertical jigging as is the Buck's ultimate. I strictly troll with the Bucks Graphite jig poles, and the new Pro Staff trolling rods, 14' and 16'. If you have any questions about any of the B & M rods, feel free to call me anytime. 765-278-8371...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    Hard on you rods. I haven't had but one break on me and it was a Wally Marshall 8' pro series last year. BPS wouldn't take it back so I contacted wally personally. He wouldn't do anything either so I took it to a guy in Louisville that makes rods. He said it was splintered from about 6' from the tip down towards the middle. He told me it probably came from where it was made this way. You couldn't see unless you put it under really bright light and a magnifying glass. I told hime to throw it away. So if anyone has the upper section of this rod I'd like to know. If wally doesn't offer extra tip sections for his rods he needs to. That is one major reason I'll never buy another with his name on it. Most crappie rods of any length and brand I've seen you can buy replacement tips for and that's the way it should be in my opinion. Maybe someone with some clout needs to put a bug in wallys ear about his rods. That's my two cents. I'm easy on my rods. Those 10' Richard Willams rods I got last year get more abuse than any I have because people I take fishing with me use them all the time. So far they're holding up very well.

Larry
    I would like to try a Richard William rod some day. But the way I think of things is if a company offers replacement tips for their rods they plan for them to break.
    For the price I pay for BPS Wally Marshall pro series rods onsale I can buy 2 and get the use from the second one till the first one breaks.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished with a Sam Heaton SS but I have handled one. I believe they are the same blanks as Wally Marshall rods. I tried them side by side at BPS. Wally has a new Mighty Lite series that is very sensitive but they are UL and I like a Light action. I plan to try an Outlaw or a Richard Williams rod next.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast