Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie fishing

I live in cinti ohio and going to take my boat to the big sandy this year. was wondring if anyone would be willing to share crappie rigs (picture) for spidder rigging? such as pole set ups jigs used. Thanks MAC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macfish
    I live in cinti ohio and going to take my boat to the big sandy this year. was wondring if anyone would be willing to share crappie rigs (picture) for spidder rigging? such as pole set ups jigs used. Thanks MAC
    Hey macfish, it takes a lot of prep work before you head out there to catch fish. Make sure that you have some kind of holder system first. It really doesn't take much. My first spider-riggin' system was as low cost as I could get...$0. Holders themselves were donated to me by my grandfather. This is very basic, but I caught boat loads of fish out of it...

Well after a little while, I had to retire the ol' jon to just scullin. Upgraded somewhat but still a very low cost rig. Used basic pipe and fittings from local hardware store. I guess maybe 15 bucks for both T-bars. Then added a set of slo-trollers/cheap reels for $20 per pole.

Whether you have the simplest setup or one of those advanced tite-lok systems, if you have the right technique down, you're gonna catch some crappie.