Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance insight mapping?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance insight mapping?

Does anybody use it? It's confusing trying to figure out which map card to buy. I want to have maps that look like the one pictured below. We generally fish Taylorsville lake, green river lake, barren River lake, ky lake and lake Barkley. Does anybody know if these lakes are covered and if this type of mapping can be achieved on these lakes? Thank you for any info. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453355544.157750.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  137.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

My Lowrances have insight built in, but it may not have all the options that are available on the card. Do you know which Lowrance mapping the image from?

In the link below all their mapping options are on the right of the page, each has a list of what lakes are covered.
    Mapping - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    My Lowrances have insight built in, but it may not have all the options that are available on the card. Do you know which Lowrance mapping the image from?

In the link below all their mapping options are on the right of the page, each has a list of what lakes are covered.
    Mapping - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics
    As far as I can tell, that image is lake insight HD. I'm confused because, virtually no lakes in ky are listed as HD definition. Not even ky or Barkley which is hard to believe. Grenada lake in mississippi is also not listed as HD but I fished with a guy at grenada and his HDS gen 2 produced mapping images like the one above using insight mapping. I'm trying to keep from buying something just to find out it only shows standard 2d mapping on the lakes We plan to fish.