Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Anchors ????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Anchors ????

What do all of you use for boat anchors? Electric or manual. Or do you ever use an anchor? I was thinking of getting a couple of the electric winch anchor winches from BPS. Are they worth the money??
    Thanks for any advice.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

....depends on what kinda boat you have...and what kinda water you're fishing....for my 13' skiff, I use 12-lb mushroom anchors...for my 21' pontoon, I use 20-lb river anchors....in my experience, manual crank-type anchor winches break down...never used the electric type...had better use for what battery power was available (lol)...now I just "muscle 'em up"....

Bushrod

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Walmart gift card we got for our wedding 3 years ago to buy a Minkota winch. It was around $150 if I remember right. I work on it constantly. I had to replace the switch with a three way toggle instead of the crap it came with. The rope is constantly jumping over the bale and getting into the gears. It is the only unreliable equipment on my boat. But, I have sentamental values with it since it was a wedding present. So far it has worked when the wife was with me and she didn't have to pull the anchor up.
    I still hoist the front anchor my self.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."