Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adding scent... do you do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default adding scent... do you do it?

do any of you guys add the spray on or gel scent to your plasitcs??? i have never done this and was wondering if it increases your catch?
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

i use a garlic dye dip on the tail of a lil fishie plastic lure...helps sometime sometime you dont need anything

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

Bait pump
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

crappie nibbles they work
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have used all diffrent kinds of sprys and dips jells. Some work some, well not to good. As roybuoy said crappie nibbles work, sardine oil works, and garlic spry, these have worked best for me.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i do not think crappie care for garlic scent, i use bait pump and original fish formula shad flavor, i swear by it.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

You are probabally about to hear from the skeptics but here is my .2.
    6 months ago I would not allow nibbles in my boat (too messy).
    I purchased a bait pump in late November and have used it every since with crappie nibbles. I really think it has made a big difference in my catching and so do others who have used it. It eliminates the mess, last for a long time (one application can last all day) and it is well made in the USA. I now own four on them. Am I pimping this product? YES I AM. Just as I would a proven jig or a good pole. You just have to try it to see. It is well worth the 13.00. If you don't like it I will give you 15.00 for it.

With that being said. I feel that in the fall and winter our fish seem to like bigger baits. During that time I am using tandem 1.5" tube jigs on 1/8 oz. jig heads slow trolling . When you pumpm em full of nibbles they expand. I think the fish like that too.

When the spawn starts and on into summer I will most likely be using a 1/16 or smaller hand tied jig with no nibble fishing in the brush.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

:D Here's my 2 scents worth. Most scents are to mask bad scents such as gas,oil, sunscreen, BO, etc. which they do VERY well. Now a fish that bites a artfical lure, it won't spit it out as quick with the scent on it. If you use the oil base scents, you will see it on the surface of the water as soon as you lower the lures into the water. Water based scents dissolved and create a area around your lure that can attract fish to bite. Both types do mask bad scents to a point. You STILL must try to avoid bad scents as much as possible. I think the water base scents work better. Adding a natural scent, such as a piece of nightcrawler, minner head, cricket will work too but only if your are clean before you touch the lures. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok --I'll be the Crappie and bite. What is a pump and where can you pick one up?
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

Slabhunter sells em.....I have one and I love it. Here's the link http://www.thebaitpump.com/
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast