Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good crappie baits ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good crappie baits ....

i am rather fond of these tubes at times . the tri color situation creates alot of contrast and the chart on the tail is super bright .
    many a day these baits have out performed other baits for me and i wasnt even sure who made them until yesterday .
    i typically dont pay attention to the manufacturer much when purchasing . price and color interest me most . i often trim the tail a bit in a staggered fashion and also separate any of the still stuck together tails . sometimes i use a pink head with them as well and i think they have a black green chart version as well . i ran out of that particular one and cant find them ,but this one works about as well ....
    i drop them on 1/16 and 1/32 and sometimes i even pitch them in tandem . sometimes i use them under a float as well . and individually dropped vertically at times .the only drawback is other sunfish eat them well too ....
    so if youre ever interested in a inexpensive jig body that ketches crappie well i would suggest trying some of these
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes sooners08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been using them for years my favorite Pre.spawn bait. I make a lot of my own stuff but I still use them. I like the black as well. Sometimes I will put them out in the sun to fade the tails some times they work better that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Also creme is the only one I know that makes that shade of green but I have copied it for some of my own baits. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453213389765.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  39.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

The Midsouth 1105GL tube is close to that color pattern , I use it a lot with great results. My top choice from Midsouth Tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Older crappie fisherman called that color Baked or Fried.If he was throwing he said the crappie only had 2 choices baked or fried.

Post Thanks / Like

Tubes use to be my No. 1 crappie producer, about a half dozen years back or so. Then I "discovered" BGBS's - a single straight tail plastic bait. From time to time, I still go back to my old tubes, but hands down, either the straight tail or the paddle tail overwhelmingly outproduce them every time.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I pefer tubes rigged inside , they last longer. Don't even need insert type leadheads in many cases . I use Southern Pro tubes with round head jigs inside alot . But never been into trimming baits , here Crappie feed on big Shad mostly .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs