Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling motor problems!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling motor problems!!

Does anyone know anyone that works on trolling motors? I've got a terrova that has quit turning. I had the main control board replaced and everything else inside seems to be fine except it just won't turn but does run the prop fine. Just wandering if anyone knew of anyone before I have to buy another TM.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you located? There may be a factory authorized service center in your area. We (Hendersonville, TN) have one here and there is another in White Bluff, TN.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I know of is just outside of Lexington, and picks them up at Backwaters Outfitters in Lexington. A long time friend, Dave Smoot, is a licensed repairman that's well known around this area.

Dave Smoot
    Kentucky Trolling Motor Repair
    7000 jacks creek pike
    lexington, KY 40515
    Phone: 859-272-3632
    Email - [email protected]
    mobile phone: 859-983-8859
    9am-5pm m-f, 9am-12noon sat

If that's too far for you ... contact Minn-Kota and ask them where the closest licensed repair shop to you is located. I'm assuming it's out of warranty, but if not ... then you definitely want a licensed person doing the work !!

... cp
    Likes rcornish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Im about 70 miles south of Lexington but Ill give him a call. Will definitely by worth it too get it fixed. Thanks for the info Pappy.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take the cover off where your cable goes in the trolling motor, the cable has probably slipped back.U may have to loosen about 4 screws to move cable forward it may save u along drive. It happened to me,that was the problem. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the guy I was about to mention - took care of a problem I had with mine a year so back and did a great job. And bonus, if you are south (depending one where you are coming from) he is on the south side of Lexington as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WalterW View Post
    I would take the cover off where your cable goes in the trolling motor, the cable has probably slipped back.U may have to loosen about 4 screws to move cable forward it may save u along drive. It happened to me,that was the problem. Good luck.

I didn't think the terrova had a cable, only used a servo motor to turn shaft?

Post Thanks / Like

Terrova don't have steering g cables. They are electronic. I would think the steering gears in the steering head are stripped. Best have Minnkota authorized shop look at it.
    If you do have to replace it, contact me. I have a Terrova listed in the classified ads here.

slabeye is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

ky slab there is a guy on highway 90 between somerset and monticello. He works on mine when i have trouble he is really good. He number is 606 219 7842
    https://Slabanatorjigs.com/
    AND Slab-A-nator crappie jigs on facebook
    CRAPPIE USA CLASSIC WINNER 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks slabeye, I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast