Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Moon/No Moon: What do you think is better for fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Full Moon/No Moon: What do you think is better for fishing?

The solunar tables I use always show increased potential for fishing success on the days surrounding the full moon, and equally again on the no-moon period. Has anyone noticed if the full moon is better for fishing, than no moon? Or vice-versa?

Thanks, in advance, for input.
    Likes Minners N Jigs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fish whenever I can, regardless of moon phase. I find that the "best fishing times" rarely coincide with my free time.

Post Thanks / Like

Go when you can..... not catching fish is just as much a part of the experience as loading the boat.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Idunno, Dollfly LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

First off I go when I can reguardless of moon/tide/barometer/wind direction. But unless during spawn I seem to do better on quarter moons than full or no moon, same with hunting. And my experience in hunting the quarter moon after the full during peak rut seems to be best. But honestly all I look at is predicted wind speed, and rain forecast. If heading offshore I will check the 110NM bouys for dominate wave height and duration along with wind direction, only cause my buddy with the offshore boat has a lot more tolerence to getting mule kicked out there than I do. I dont care for coming home feeling like I been in a head on car wreck.
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't follow those tables. I check wind speed, direction, and barometric pressure. That tells me what bays to fish and how deep the fish are, and how close to the brush they're holding.
    Likes Minners N Jigs, Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

IMO moon over head or under foot has more to do with fish and game. I`ve had good luck on full, new and quarter moon. on the other hand had no luck to. Just go or you will not have any luck! If you go and don`t do anything but sit there and enjoy the great outdoors all is not lost.
    Likes huntinslabs, Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I fish whenever I can, regardless of moon phase. I find that the "best fishing times" rarely coincide with my free time.
    amen

Post Thanks / Like

I quit looking at charts years ago. I don't like hunting or fishing on full moon, but will fish if able. My their is if you hold the right food in the strike zone any time of day, moon or year a fish will eat. Hold a cheeseburger in my face and I will eventually grab it. It's just common nature.
    Likes huntinslabs, Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    I quit looking at charts years ago. I don't like hunting or fishing on full moon, but will fish if able. My their is if you hold the right food in the strike zone any time of day, moon or year a fish will eat. Hold a cheeseburger in my face and I will eventually grab it. It's just common nature.
    Eventually?? Hold a cheeseburger in my face ya better have quick fingers or ya gonna be reeling with nubs

Post Thanks / Like

You won't know if you don't go. I just fish when I can.

Regards
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast