Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Difference" by Roger Gant

Post Thanks / Like

Default "The Difference" by Roger Gant

Interesting write up on the B n' M website on these rods. Has anyone used them? I'm a big fan of Sam Heaton's Super Sensitive, but am looking at these rods for my next 9 footer for this season. Thanks.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

chaunc is online now 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one in my Arsenal of rods but can't say I really use it much.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Crestliner .... FYI - here's something else "interesting" : https://grizzlyjig.com/p-285-the-dif...oger-gant.aspx

How's THAT for a "difference"

Now, as to the rod itself ... never owned one, nor handled one, so I can't comment on them.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks muchly CP. That's a much better price than what the B n' M site is offering. Can't wait to hear from someone that has actually used one.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of them and like them for longlining. The action is pretty soft with a slow tip but really suited well for longline or side pulling. I love a cork handled rod. They are very sensitive. Mine are both 9 footers.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks MrDux. Do you also have a SHSS? I'd like to know how they compare to one another.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My Sam Heatons are 12 footers so it's hard to compare. The action is similar but I think the Heatons are a little faster tip. Really do like both of them for longlining. I recently bought some 8,9 and 10 foot Southern Crappie Rods and they seem similar action with cork handles.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

They are not good for vertical jigging. I tried one it does very poorly for jigging. The 10 foot Sam heaton has become my favorite rod for jigging. The gant rods were designed for side pulling and that is what they excel at. I'm sure they work good for long lining.
    Likes Cray, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use my "difference" for long lining, free lining minners, and vertical jigging. Love it.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a Difference for less than a week and took it back. Slow taper made the tip very soft and not suited for the way I fish. Very well made and so on just not right for me. BGJP's do most everything fo me. The SHSS is a bit stiffer in the tip and very popular.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast