Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yum beaver tail

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yum beaver tail

I believe I read on here about where to buy the beaver tail yum baits that Todd Huckabee has been promoting, so I thought I would let people know what I found yesterday. This may be old news, sorry if it is.

I went to the Lets Go Fishing show yesterday in Collinsville Il. Grizzly Jig had a booth and Todd was there on hand doing presentations and promoting his products. I saw a package of baits which looked like the Beaver tails Yum used to have, and Todd walked up behind me and said "is that the one you think will work" I replied, "well there's this guy Todd Huckabee who swears by them, maybe you might know him?" He chuckled and went on to tell me the story. Basically he designed the baits for yum, and then he ended up buying the rights to them. He is now selling them under his new label redneckrubberco.com. He has also made some improvements to the mold. Todd also has some larger hook jigs out as well. I believe there are 17 colors available too.

I went to Todds presentation and really enjoyed hearing his take on crappie fishing. He has a different approach and his impromptu q&a based seminar is very interesting, so if you get a chance to hear him speak I would recommend you do so. At the end he had a drawing for some bags of baits, and a Huckabee rod. I actually won the rod in the drawing and am interested to try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

I read his article years ago and went out and bought some and they do work.The article said he's top two colors at that time were black and pink and black and chartreuse.So that's what I bought.I also read about his method of dead sticking them on a long pole and how holding them still was effective much of the time. Now I am mostly a cast fisherman so I primarily used them when I was using a slow or dead presentation under a cork or long pole.Now they will work casting too . It's another one of those baits everything likes so be prepared to catch whatever is there.

I saw they were discontinued in an online search a while back and made an offer to buy some unwanted surplus from a member who may have some.But.....a month or so ago I found some in a local tackle shop (not chain store)YUM 1.5" wooly beavertail in firefly color....it is sort of a black with red specks body and bright chartreuse tail...I have tried them twice and caught fish both times,once I was casting them.

They are wicked good and sometimes holding them real still is the ticket. A long pole and stealth approach up to the fish and dip it in them just above them and hang on.Also work good on a cork and worked slow. And you can cast them as stated if you're in that nutty crowd like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang! He is proud of em at 40 cent a bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking baits, but that is pretty expensive.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice baits but to much money for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pack of the old beavertails. I must be rich and didn't know it!

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up about 10 packs on clearence st walmart for 99 cent a pack. So you and me both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Picked up about 10 packs on clearence st walmart for 99 cent a pack. So you and me both.
    In the trading and investment world, now would be a good time to sell !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    I did the same thing a while back,haha. They work well. Not sure why I don't use them more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minners N Jigs View Post
    In the trading and investment world, now would be a good time to sell !
    Yeah, if only I had about 10,000 of em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast