Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: triton crappie boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default triton crappie boat

i was wondering how much the new fiberglass crappie boats cost.i really like the layout.if you have one please give your opinion.thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Me and most of my friends have all bought the bigger Rangers(521,522,Z21). They are heavy and stable platforms to spider-rig from. Cost is a big issue with these boats. I put the double seats in these myself, not a big deal. We were looking at getting a Triton dealership, good boats. They are coming out with an executive series boat that is a little heavier, and better riding, than the standard X-21. Put two seats in the front and it would be worth every dime. Cost will be somewhere between 45000-55000 depending on brand and model. I would shop the used market pretty hard, as there are alot of late models out there for a bargain. And alot of these boats don't see any use, so to speak. My friends 521 only had 65 hours on it, and he paid about half of a new one. Since then I know of a 2001 522 selling for $28000.00, so it pays to look.
    Last edited by IwishIdid; 01-23-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY4UA
    i was wondering how much the new fiberglass crappie boats cost.i really like the layout.if you have one please give your opinion.thanks for any help
    I'm curious too. I like the layout, really nice boat

Post Thanks / Like

I've been seeing a lot of advertisement for boats from several companies in the 13k range recently. Crestliner, Stratos, Triton, G3. Total package boats with fish finder trolling motor and trailer.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are talking about the TA-196, which is the fiberglass crappie boat. This is an AWESOME boat. I have one that I use for the show, and Richard Williams is now guiding out of one at Kentucky Lake. The other boats you mentioned (G3, Crestliner) are aluminum. They are nice boats also, but will not be close to the ride of the fiberglass boats, especially in rough water.

I am going to our marina this morning and will price you one. Send me a PM with the options you would like to have on it.

Thanks!
    Russ
    www.midwestcrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ
    They are nice boats also, but will not be close to the ride of the fiberglass boats, especially in rough water.
    Thanks!
    Russ
    www.midwestcrappie.com

It's not my intention to be argumentive, but the above statement is purely a matter of opinion and not entirely accurate. If you're talking about a flat bottom aluminum boat, sure, the ride's not gonna be anywhere near that of a fiberglass. But, the aluminum boats that have hull designs like a "bass" boat like ours (Xpress X21) ride as smooth as any fiberglass boat I've ever been in. Be glad to take you for a ride and show you, Russ.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ
    I think you are talking about the TA-196, which is the fiberglass crappie boat. This is an AWESOME boat. I have one that I use for the show, and Richard Williams is now guiding out of one at Kentucky Lake. The other boats you mentioned (G3, Crestliner) are aluminum. They are nice boats also, but will not be close to the ride of the fiberglass boats, especially in rough water.

I am going to our marina this morning and will price you one. Send me a PM with the options you would like to have on it.

Thanks!
    Russ
    www.midwestcrappie.com
    Hey Russ, I want one! Can't get one now but am wondering what the price range is on one. Let me know if you can. When will your next series be out on DVD? Thanks CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that the only crappie boat Triton made was aluminum. Do they now make a fiberglass crappie boat? If so, will someone please post a pic of one.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappiefarmer,

Series 4 will be ready to go in a couple of weeks!

Thanks,
    Russ

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know how to post pictures, but I will get a someone to post mine for me. Until then you can check it out at www.tritonboats.com It is the TA-196.

Russ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast