Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement boat cover straps/buckles?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replacement boat cover straps/buckles?

I have a Cabelas brand boat cover that still has a couple years of use left in it, however, I have recently lost a couple more straps to go along with the few that were already missing. I'm down to only two. This is due to my dog, who likes to lay under my boat in the summer and I guess gets bored and chews them in half. I typically just knot them back together but still somehow end up losing them.

Is there a place to buy new straps and buckles? They seem pretty generic so I'd imagine there are plenty of places I just don't know where to look.

Post Thanks / Like

I take the straps that come with the cover off and replace with rubber straps with the hooks on both ends. I drilled a hole in the trailer frame and put an I-bolt in it and then mounted the strap to the cover and then just hook it on the I-bolt. It keeps the cover tight all the time. This works great when trailering the boat. It allows for give while traveling and when you stop it tightens back up again. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p
    Likes prefers shiners, Hanr3 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You might also consider putting grommets in the cover and tying it down .... or ... making small holes in the straps, where they end at the edges of the cover, and using bungie cords.

Otherwise, you might check with any "tent & awning" type businesses in your area, to see if repair/replacement of the straps is possible (and affordable).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I once bought a set of straps to replace some worn ones on the Dowco cover on my Lowe. I bought them from either Bass Pro or Cabelas so check their marine sections.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the original straps for the cover let me know I have a bunch of them. Let me know how many you need. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    If you want the original straps for the cover let me know I have a bunch of them. Let me know how many you need. EB
    Thanks for the offer Eager Beaver! I will check tonight to see how many I need. How much would you want for them?

I also found some replacement buckles a strap webbing on Amazon while searching some more throughout the day which may work. I just don't know if the buckles used on these covers are one size fits all universal types.

Amazon.com: 25 - 1 Inch National Molding Mojave® Plastic Buckles

Amazon.com: Country Brook Design® 1 Inch Black Polypro Webbing, 25 Yards

Post Thanks / Like

I take the straps that come with the cover off and replace with rubber straps with the hooks on both ends. I drilled a hole in the trailer frame and put an I-bolt in it and then mounted the strap to the cover and then just hook it on the I-bolt. It keeps the cover tight all the time. This works great when trailering the boat. It allows for give while traveling and when you stop it tightens back up again. EB
    I would like to see a photo of this

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is in storage so won't be able to get a picture of it right now. EB

Post Thanks / Like

scout-j-m: you can just have them I don't use them for the cover but use them to tie down other things. Just let me now how many and pm me your address and I will send you what you need. EB

Post Thanks / Like

scout-j-m: you can just have them I don't use them for the cover but use them to tie down other things. Just let me now how many and pm me your address and I will send you what you need. EB
    PM sent Eager Beaver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast