Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bait Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait Pump

Has anyone used the "bait pump"? I saw it at www.crappiestuff.com. It is more expensive than a simple syringe like the kodiak. It will inject nibbles or paste which does make it versatile. If anyone has used both types I'd like to hear a comparison.

whiplash Guest

Default bait pump

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    Has anyone used the "bait pump"? I saw it at www.crappiestuff.com. It is more expensive than a simple syringe like the kodiak. It will inject nibbles or paste which does make it versatile. If anyone has used both types I'd like to hear a comparison.
    bought one this summer from crappie stuff ---like it just fine whiplash :p

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bait Pump to inject nibbles into my tube jigs. It works fine. I have not tried Kodiak scents.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think you use more crappie nibbles in a day of fishing when you use the bait pump. I am thinking that you would have to squish a lot of crappie nibbbles up to get some paste out of that bait pump and into the jig body.

How long does the paste last when it's injected inside the jig? About how many squished nibbles does it take to fill a 1.5" long hollow Southern Pro Crappie Tube?

The way I figure it I can get a lot more use out of a jar of crappie nibbles by using them ONE AT A TIME on the hook. Sure it takes some time to put a new nibble on the hook but I hate spending more money than I have to.

If you let the nibbles dry out a bit before you put them on the hook they last a lot longer and you can catch a few fish before you have to put on a new nibble.

If it takes 5 to 10 nibbles to make enough paste to fill the back of a hollow tube then that is too much of a waste IMHO. You mileage may differ.

It all depends on how effecient the gun is and if it wasted nibbles or not. Now if the nibbles stay in the jig for a long time then it may be more effecient to use the gun.

I just don't know so that is why I am asking those of you that use the bait pump what you think about it's effeciency.
    Regards,

Moose1am

whiplash Guest

Default bait pump

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Do you guys think you use more crappie nibbles in a day of fishing when you use the bait pump. I am thinking that you would have to squish a lot of crappie nibbbles up to get some paste out of that bait pump and into the jig body.

How long does the paste last when it's injected inside the jig? About how many squished nibbles does it take to fill a 1.5" long hollow Southern Pro Crappie Tube?

The way I figure it I can get a lot more use out of a jar of crappie nibbles by using them ONE AT A TIME on the hook. Sure it takes some time to put a new nibble on the hook but I hate spending more money than I have to.

If you let the nibbles dry out a bit before you put them on the hook they last a lot longer and you can catch a few fish before you have to put on a new nibble.

If it takes 5 to 10 nibbles to make enough paste to fill the back of a hollow tube then that is too much of a waste IMHO. You mileage may differ.

It all depends on how effecient the gun is and if it wasted nibbles or not. Now if the nibbles stay in the jig for a long time then it may be more effecient to use the gun.

I just don't know so that is why I am asking those of you that use the bait pump what you think about it's effeciency.
    I don,t notice any difference about the volume it comes out in a small stream and last,s forever --when i,m not using the pump I dry out the nibbles like you do but I still lose a lot to short fish or non hook-ups --I only put a small amount in the pump at one time ,fish 2-3 times a week and I have never had the nibbles harden in the pump --I put a old tube over the end of the pump when I,m thru for the day
    whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks That answers the concerns that I had.

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash
    I don,t notice any difference about the volume it comes out in a small stream and last,s forever --when i,m not using the pump I dry out the nibbles like you do but I still lose a lot to short fish or non hook-ups --I only put a small amount in the pump at one time ,fish 2-3 times a week and I have never had the nibbles harden in the pump --I put a old tube over the end of the pump when I,m thru for the day
    whiplash
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

You only need to put a few nibbles in the injector at a time. They will stay soft inside the injector and can be used on future trips. It takes very little to fill a small tube jig and will last an hour or two before you need to refill.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award