Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any great fishing down south? Lookin' to take a little trip.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any great fishing down south? Lookin' to take a little trip.....

Hello everyone,
    I've been a member here for awhile but life got in the way of fishing and other outdoor activities for quite some time so it's been awhile since I've been on here. My brother and I are looking to take a really nice fishing trip to target bluegill/bream and crappie. We've always wanted to try going south but have just never made it there. Looking at Alabama, the Carolina's, Georgia or any other states in that general vicinity. Basically looking for nice accommodations where we can also rent a well outfitted fishing boat to do some top notch fishing. I'm reaching out to other members on here in hopes that you can steer us in the right direction and provide us with some info and/or contacts so that we can make this trip happen.

Thanks in advance for any input that anyone can provide.
    Boz

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Boz ... if you're going to have to rent a boat, anyway, then you might consider checking the state forums of those states you're interested in going to and look for the Guide Listing threads on those state forums. A well equipped boat rental is likely to cost almost the same as a guide's fee, if they are even available.
    Talking to the guides will give you good information on their availability, when the fish you seek are most likely to be caught, and decent lodging info for the area. Hiring a guide would also allow you to travel a bit lighter, as most will have all the fishing equipment needed aboard their boats.

If Bluegill & Crappie are your preferred species ... I'd consider KY & Barkley lakes, or Reelfoot Lake. And either one wouldn't be an exceptionally long drive to reach.

Just something to consider, regardless of where you decide to go.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

there's a lot of great fishing down south, only problem is right now it's all under water---- due to all the rain
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. I moved here from Ohio 14 years ago. Guntersville Lake is a year round hotbed especially the bridges near the grainery.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to Reelfoot there are plenty of places to stay that have packages that include your cabin,boat and motor. you may need to bring your own trolling mtr. a google search will give you more than a couple of hrs reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    there's a lot of great fishing down south, only problem is right now it's all under water---- due to all the rain
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1451795249306.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  77.0 KB
    Likes B10gone LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a little farther than you want to go, but Toledo Bend in Texas is hard to beat for Crappie and Bream. I don't know if they rent boats though.

Fin & Feather Resort on Toledo Bend Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  0109161535.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  9.9 KB

If you make it down to Wheeler in North Al. be sure to pick you up bunch of these.....i have wore them out ( crappie ) with these the last 3 years.......bubble gum with chartreuse tail, the head color don't matter too much....