Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since it's looking like I will have to replace

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Since it's looking like I will have to replace

the "Rule 500 GPH aerator pump in my boat, would y'all suggest going up to the 800 GPH or even the 1100 GPH model ? Would the larger GPH models not be better for my livewell operation ?

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry, I might go to the 800 but would think your plumbing might not be big enough to get full use of the 1100.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes BigRiverMarine, canebreaker LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

X2. I'm going to use the largest pump my wiring and plumbing will allow for both bilge and livewells.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Larry, I might go to the 800 but would think your plumbing might not be big enough to get full use of the 1100.
    thx cray, appreciate the info

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of a waste for livewells going up in size. You don't really benefit the fish by turning over the livewell that much more and it tends to cost you in amperage draw. For bilge, biggest you can squeeze in. On seperate wiring and fuses. Preferably, one on a float switch.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Sort of a waste for livewells going up in size. You don't really benefit the fish by turning over the livewell that much more and it tends to cost you in amperage draw. For bilge, biggest you can squeeze in. On seperate wiring and fuses. Preferably, one on a float switch.
    I agree
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Thanks Chris, I have a bilge pump with the float switch and it is working as it should. Just thinking I will change out the aerator (Rule 500 GPH) along with new switch due to corrosion on the switch

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant to say is that I'd rather have 2 500 bilges rather than 1 1000. Things go wrong at just the wrong time. Separately wired, switched and fused keeps me confident. And pretty.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Likes "G", feeshrman, canebreaker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

One question I would have if the live wells are like mine, in that the pump puts water in and it runs out the overflow tube. If you got too much water coming in without increasing the discharge would it not over flow? Mine was on a timer and it would run up almost to the top of the well before cutting off and slowly draining back to the top of the over flow. If it had come in at a higher volume for the same amount of time it would run over the top.
    Just something to consider.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Default Since it's looking like I will have to replace

Use the 800 and a variable timer
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast