Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need a little help or info, I have been having trouble with my livewell aerator in my

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Need a little help or info, I have been having trouble with my livewell aerator in my

boat shortly after I bought the boat. My boat is a G3 and has the Flow-Rite livewell system installed. I have the livewell switch on my dashboard that has "Manual - Off - Auto" on it. Ok the problem is that I only have 2 wires coming off the Rule 500 GPH aerator but the back of the switch has 6 wires connected to it, 4 to the rear of the switch and 1 wire off of each side of the unit. Now when I go to the back of the boat and track down the wiring from the aerator itself, it comes up and connects to another set of wiring that has a couple wires connected to the same plug. I think it may be the switch that is the problem, because I can take wire and connect the aerator directly to the battery and it works fine. I have been searching the web for a switch that has 6 connections on it and have not found one yet. The timer has a separate control just below the switch that has "Manual - Off - Auto", so I know that is 2 of the wires coming into the switch. I am confused on the wiring setup and really would just like to rewire the whole aerator setup. Any help greatly appreciated

thanks and wishing you all a "Happy New Year"

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Just go to G3 website and you can find a dealer and they can send you a switch
    Likes maachuu LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T9a1f5RNTlk

Switches in Electronic Circuits: Poles and Throws - For Dummies

Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) Switch
    This is the switch you need and the other stuff will help you understand what is going on in your circuit.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T9a1f5RNTlk

Switches in Electronic Circuits: Poles and Throws - For Dummies

Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) Switch
    This is the switch you need and the other stuff will help you understand what is going on in your circuit.

Thanks Cray,

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you might want to make sure all the connection are clean with no corrosion !!! I had a friends boat with the same issue everyone said it had a bad switch so he got a new one still same problem, then he brought to figure out for him he didn't do what I told him first to check all the connections he had two solid green corroded thru wire !!! spliced the wiring making good connection works fine !!! now he got a new switch for a paper weight cause they don't take electrical parts back !!!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strmwalker View Post
    you might want to make sure all the connection are clean with no corrosion !!! I had a friends boat with the same issue everyone said it had a bad switch so he got a new one still same problem, then he brought to figure out for him he didn't do what I told him first to check all the connections he had two solid green corroded thru wire !!! spliced the wiring making good connection works fine !!! now he got a new switch for a paper weight cause they don't take electrical parts back !!!!
    Thanks strmwalker, I have looked at the connections but I will double check because as I mentioned, I have a mass of wires I am going to have to sort out first and then start the connection testing.