Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Posting pics

Some one give me the lowdown on posting pics
    Started one and thought that I did it right but the pic did not show up in the preview ...is this normal?

Post Thanks / Like

Try this link from the Louisiana board
    http://www.crappie.com/articles/post..._by_labill.htm

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

To me , the directions on here are kinda complicated with downsizing images, etc.
    I use http://photobucket.com/ If you dont have an account, you can create one, its FREE. Once you have an account, log in and on the front page on the right hand side there is a link to "UPLOAD" your images.
    The easiest way to do it is to have the image on your desktop. Makes it easier to find to upload. On photobucket, click on browse,or if you have multiple pictures you want to post, there is a link right below the "upload" button that says "add more images" click it, then find the image you want to upload and click "submit" it will upload your pic and show a thumbnail at the bottom of the page. Under the thumbnail there will be 3 tags, if you copy and paste the second one in your post, it will post the link for the pic, I always highlight and copy the bottom tag, the IMG tag and paste it in your post and the image will show up in your post.
    And if you come across a pic on the web that you want to post, you can right click on it and "copy image location" and paste it in your post,then add [IMG] in front of the link and [/IMG] at the end and it will link to the site the pic is on and show the image in your post.
    If you want a description between each of your pics, Type up the description,hit ENTER, then copy and paste the IMG tag for the pic, Type up the description for the next pic, hit ENTER and copy and paste the IMG tag for that pic, and so-on.
    If you move the pics on your photobucket account, the link will not work for the pic anymore.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i use photobucket.com . when you host your picks there you can copy and paste the innage link or the immage its self and paste it in the message
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I find resizing them to 640x480 makes a nice posting size. Download and use the excellent free picture program Irfanview. Use irfanview to resize to the above size - Image tab - Resize, then go to the File tab - Save as - name the pic and put it somewhere you can find it on your hard drive. Sign up with photobucket and upload your resized pics. Copy the IMG url below the pictures in photobucket for each pic and just past it in the text of the post.

Let me know if you need any help.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-23-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grizz, photobucket resizes the pictures for you when you post them . No need to go thru all those steps. Just download pics from your camera to your computer, then download them to photobucket.

Post Thanks / Like

One tip...I have noticed that if you resize the pictures before uploading to Photobucket, it takes a lot less time. Also, if you are running windows xp, you can use the add-on to resize the pictures. Just right click on the picture, and select "resize pictures".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    One tip...I have noticed that if you resize the pictures before uploading to Photobucket, it takes a lot less time.
    Thats one of the reasons I resize plus if I upload my pics at that size they get posted at that size. You can change the max size in photobucket free to 1024x768, but thats too big for forum posting. The default it 800x600, but I prefer the 640x480.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-23-2007 at 02:18 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with yall about resizing them first, makes it upload ALOT FASTER. I use 695 x 525 and that size works great for me, you don't have to scroll the screen to see the entire picture.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Photobucket sizing .......

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    Thats one of the reasons I resize plus if I upload my pics at that size they get posted at that size. You can change the max size in photobucket free to 1024x768, but thats too big for forum posting. The default it 800x600, but I prefer the 640x480.
    When you upload to Photobucket ... pic the "message board" max image size (that's 640x480) in the "Uploading Options" link - right below the box that the "Browse" button is in.
    A recently added feature on Photobucket, that I like, is that you can left click on the IMG address tab, under your picture .... and it automatically "copies" it !! Then you can just right click in the text field of your post, and paste the IMG address .... cutting out a couple of steps in the process. ........... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast