Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for those in low-lying areas in the Midwest and South

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Prayers for those in low-lying areas in the Midwest and South

We are getting slammed by heavy rains here as well as other areas in the Mississippi Valley. They are dumping all the water they can right now at KY and Barkley dams until the rivers rise above flood stage. Word is the upper Mississippi Valley may see record floods worse than 1993. This will not only ruin fishing for a while, but make many folks miserable for weeks to come. I have had flash flood warnings on my phone all morning. This is some serious stuff. My business is within sight of Clark's River and right next to the NWR. A lot of the north end of our town of Benton will have to be flooded before my shop is affected. It could happen. Hoping it doesn't.

Prayers to all who will be affected.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes chaunc, blueball, Red190 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

They're also dumping all they can at Pickwick Dam. Some friends of ours that live in Savannah, TN posted pics on wife's FB. Some houses below dam in danger of flooding! Some above dam may also be threatened! Prayers for these folks!

Post Thanks / Like

In SC Wateree Lake coming over the dam river levels normal 5 ft now in access of 20 ft. we have had our share of water.
    Name:  watereeriverdam.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  42.3 KB

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the news about the bad weather that just wont stop. God Bless them everyone. I've been very fortunate in those I have gone through but these folks are really having it handed to them. I can only imagine. My prayers are all I can offer but I can offer them often.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I use to snag paddlefish below Kentucky dam with all the gates open a ft of froth on top.As long as the parking lot was still open away we'd go.You could catch some good ones when it was like that but took a lot of lead.

Their is one levee separating me from a wall of water from the Mississippi that If it breaks I would have only a few minutes to get out or ride a wall of water to somewhere in Arkansas . I take the straps off one of the boats and tie it just incase.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The local news tonight said they are dumping 3 MILLION gallons per minute at KY and Barkley dams. Daily average outflow at KY Dam is 250,000 cubic feet per second but the inflow is over 300,000. Ky Lake is at 353.5 today but is supposed to be at 360 in a week. KY lake is over 120,000 acres at 359. Barkley is over 60,000 acres. Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau is predicted to crest at record levels equal to the flood of 1993. All the water we are experiencing has to go down the Mississippi to New Orleans. Not a pretty scenario for those affected.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When the water got really rough we would move over to the lock canal.Sometimes the water would be up right level or just below the the road.You could pull your truck right up beside the water,put your stuff on the tailgate.And you were standing on level ground instead of the riprap now that was nice.The Pelican was close if you got hungry for pancakes and the Fisherman's Friend had any tackle you might need.Boy those were the days.

My oldest brother just bought a place near Smithland,he said he can see the dam on the Ohio from his house.I have not been over to visit him yet I need to call him to make sure he's out of the water.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Keep Praying.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  112.9 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes SlabSlayer60 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Correction to my prior post. It should have read 3 million gallons per SECOND for discharge from both dams.

This is KY Dam this morning spilling 2.2 million gallons per second.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man that's a lot of water. Rivers high up here but not expected to go to flood stage. My heart goes out to all those affected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast