Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rigs for pushing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigs for pushing.

Evening folks. Hope all is well. I have a question for the seasoned pushers/spider riggers out there. Do you have any rigs made us to just run plastics with, if so do you use two jig heads or two plain hooks? If plain hooks what style works best for you? Thanks as always for the great info.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tie most of my rig's with a #1 Duo Loc snap on each dropper. That way the only reason I would change an entire rig would be to change weight or broke one off. I normally fish a 1/8 oz poney head I pour myself on the bottom and a teaser on top with minnow. If not using minnows I will rum a straight hook with a plastic on it. I use #1 straight Aberdean hooks. Matzuo sickle, eagle claw gold or mustad gold. Do not like using a jig hook on top they seem to tangle more and I seldom run a weighted jig on top because I mostly fish from .2 to .4 and at that speed the jig most of the Tim justs lays down beside line and I believe it can hinder the fish getting hooked on the bite.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say that Cray has it nailed.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around