Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Table Rock

bpb73 Guest

Default Table Rock

Hello, all first time I've been to this site. Its seems that most of the crappie reports are from the northern half of the state. Does anyone fish Stockton or Table Rock Lake for crappie? Does anyone know where I could find places that has reports in this area? Appreciate any input, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bpb73
    Hello, all first time I've been to this site. Its seems that most of the crappie reports are from the northern half of the state. Does anyone fish Stockton or Table Rock Lake for crappie? Does anyone know where I could find places that has reports in this area? Appreciate any input, thanks.

Welcome to Crappie.com and the Missouri Board.
    I fish Bull Shoals, Pomme de Terre, and Truman. Would like to get to know Stockton area also someday. I live in the Rolla area.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board, i've fished stockton a few times with good results but i just haven't figured table rock out yet. have you fished either lake much? about the reports, table rock has none that i can find for crappie, all bass reports. stockon will have a small report every so often on the midwest bass tournaments web site (www.mwbt.com).
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

I live on Table Rock and it has the toughest Crappie Fishing I've experienced. I grew up in Illinois where the lakes are shallow and Muddy. This large clear reservoir thing has thrown me for a loop, but I'm improving. The nice thing about the lake when you catch fish, they are big.

I here of larger catches in areas of the lake that are less clear and sometimes stained. It's my understanding that Crappie reproduce better in stained waters. Cape Fair has a lower clarity than the rest of the James River Arm so I understand that larger quantity catches are found up there. Piney creek is fished heavily in the spring. I see a lot of boats in that cove in the spring. I prefer to trailer the boat and go to Golden in the spring. It's off the beaten path and doesn't see as much pressure.

Here are some tips. I live on the Aunt's creek portion of the lake. During the Spring, the Crappie will stage over brush piles, over brush piles near docks and in docks with brush hanging from them. 12 ft. seems to be the magical depth for some reason.

The back portion of Aunt's creek has christmas trees all along the Western edge of the cove. This is a good area during the pre-spawn time. You have to go past the boat dock with the sign that says No Wake. You can't miss it.

If it's not spring pre-spawn or spawn, keep the boat moving unless you can get a long cast into the area you were catching them. The crappies seem to spook when you pull more than a couple out of the school. Give them about a 15 minute rest or longer and return to the area.

Live bait on a slip bobber has produced more for me than plastic or marabou jigs. I tip the jigs with crappie candy. Smaller minnows have produced better than large ones.

I'm going to try drop shotting and trolling more this year to try to get reaction strikes. This way I can cover more water.

For quantity with quality, I go to Truman in the Spring for a week just before spawn. I can catch a limit up there. Table rock always leaves me short of a limit.

Good Luck and Good Fishin'
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

This place has good reports during the summer.

http://www.anglersfishinginfo.com/fi...orts/mo/mo.htm
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Table Rock:
    Slipped out of the House for a couple hours yesterday. Had two takes on a Slip Bobber with a Green and Chartruese Slider and a minnow hanging 3 ft. below.

Had two drag my swedish pimple into the brush. Treble Hooks are not good in the brush. Need to use a stiffer pole instead of the Ultralight to get them out of there.

Fishing 25 to 40 ft. Fish Suspended over Brush @ 12ft and some down in the brush. They are still finicky. I'm going to pick up some wax worms this week and try a slow presentation with a tear drop and see what I can sling.

Tough Lake. Tough, tough lake for Crappies.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth
    Table Rock:
    Slipped out of the House for a couple hours yesterday. Had two takes on a Slip Bobber with a Green and Chartruese Slider and a minnow hanging 3 ft. below.

Had two drag my swedish pimple into the brush. Treble Hooks are not good in the brush. Need to use a stiffer pole instead of the Ultralight to get them out of there.

Fishing 25 to 40 ft. Fish Suspended over Brush @ 12ft and some down in the brush. They are still finicky. I'm going to pick up some wax worms this week and try a slow presentation with a tear drop and see what I can sling.

Tough Lake. Tough, tough lake for Crappies.
    My dad getts Springfield news and was telling me that BPS and MDC teamed up and placed some Christmas tree brushpile in Table Rock Lake. He said they are going to give out the waypoints (GPS) for these brushpiles. Have you heard anything about this?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a publication on the way points. Tom Koob out in Shell Knob had a note on his 1/26 fishing report that BPS brought down a boat load, (pun intended), of Christmas trees. I'll have to email him and see if he has any waypoints or a website to find them.

http://www.shellknob.com/fishing.htm is the website for the fishing report

Shell Knob is $10.00 worth of gas down the lake from where I live. I usually trailer if I go that far.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Spent Saturday attempting to catch Walleyes on Bull Shoals below Taneycomo dam. No walleyes, but the Trout were hitting Jigs tipped with Nightcrawlers. We when down the lake 5 miles to catch some crappies, no bites.

Sunday Afternoon, trailered to Cape Fair Park and fished straight across from the Docks. Lots of marks on the Graphs, but no bites. I didn't get the wax worms like I had planned. Sometimes that's all they'll take when they are finicky.

I'll try it again this weekend.

No response from Tom Koob on the Christmas Tree Waypoints. I did here from a fellow in my subdivision that there will be a map generated on the drop points of the trees, but didn't know the timeline. He heard this through the Kimberling City Bass Club.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Kit,

I heard that they are starting to catch some marble eyes under Truman dam.

Have you fished any of the attractors at Table Rock, from looking at the map there are several around the Joe Bald Public use area.
    Last edited by TAE73; 02-14-2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast